Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Independence Day G19

Thought I'd celebrate the 4th by getting a Gen 3 Glock 19.

I initially bought 2K of 9mm and a Lone Wolf conversion bbl (still waiting for the extractor). Was reading that this conversion usually didn't require a 9 extractor but thought I'd put one in the G23 anyway.

I wasn't going to post a pic till I put the 3.5 connector and NY1 trigger in it but decided to go ahead and post a pic without those parts.

I'm not sure but it looks so much like my G23 and G32 that they could be triplets.

I considered the Gen 4 but have been able to shoot fairly well with the Gen 3 .40 & .357 so decided on this one.

I might have a Heinie Straight Eight Slant pro front sight some where. If not , I'll probably get a set. I like the 2 dot system.

Anyone else get something for Independence day?
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default Re: Independence Day G19

Nice purchase. Have you ever tried the XS big dot sights?

I bought a new holster for my P380 this weekend -- that was it. Trying to decide if I should sign up for one of the Randy Cain courses being held this year, which will probably be my major firearms expense for the year.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Independence Day G19

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes_Paulsen View Post
    Nice purchase. Have you ever tried the XS big dot sights?

I bought a new holster for my P380 this weekend -- that was it. Trying to decide if I should sign up for one of the Randy Cain courses being held this year, which will probably be my major firearms expense for the year.
    Randy's Aug TH101 class was the reason for the purchase. Deposit mailed. It'll be my first training class in 6 yrs. due to a couple injuries. Still hoping I can shoot all 3 days comfortably.
    I have a G23 with a big dot but haven't used it enough to be comfortable.
    I was simply going to put that conversion bbl in the G32 but was hesitant to try taking an entire class with it and not being sure of the reliability. It will become a backup to the 19 if it runs a few hundred rounds without any issues.

I've scheduled an eye exam to get some safety glasses with somewhere between a 2X to 2.25X magnification. This should clear up the front sight and not affect normal walking around use.

5 G19 mags are also on the way. My Dillon HP1 hearing protection broke so will also have to shop around or simply replace them.

Getting old. Ha. Can't see, can't hear, have no grip strength left. On and on and on.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.