Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Ruger Gets Prison Contract

Good news for Ruger!

http://www.downrange.tv/artman2/publ...stry/153.shtml

Federal Bureau Of Prisons Awards Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. 5-Year Contract

By Press Release
    Mar 27, 2008 - 7:30:13 PM

SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT ' Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE:RGR) is proud to announce that it has been awarded a 5-year requirements contract for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The contract is for 1,750 9mm pistols, with the potential to replace up to 3,000 pistols for the federal prison system. The pistols to be supplied are based on the Ruger KP95 models. The pistols are double-action only, incorporate a stainless steel slide, and feature a custom polymer composite frame with a picatinny rail.

We are pleased to have the opportunity to work with the Federal Bureau of Prisons,' said Ruger Chief Executive Officer Mike Fifer. 'The Bureau of Prisons strives to provide a safe environment for both employees and inmates, and Ruger is proud to contribute to that success by providing reliable firearms to the agency. Ruger's P95 pistols have developed a legendary reputation for strength, reliability, and value, and we are proud to have won the Bureau's competitive bid with these fine firearms.'

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Ruger Gets Prison Contract

wow, good job for Ruger!

I am surprised as the Ruger doesn't have the modern safety features that are pretty much standard these days like back of grip safety, trigger safety... Either way glad it isn't Glock
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    wow, good job for Ruger!

I am surprised as the Ruger doesn't have the modern safety features that are pretty much standard these days like back of grip safety, trigger safety... Either way glad it isn't Glock
    Why are you glad it is not Glock? Glocks are very tough ,reliable, and have service lives of decades. Not to mention they are smaller and lighter, that would be a nice property for a pistol to be worn all day right?

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Why are you glad it is not Glock? Glocks are very tough ,reliable, and have service lives of decades. Not to mention they are smaller and lighter, that would be a nice property for a pistol to be worn all day right?
    Its nice to see a law enforcement org go with something different and American as opposed to Glock which pretty much has a lock on the law enforcement market by undercutting the prices of their competitors.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Its nice to see a law enforcement org go with something different and American as opposed to Glock which pretty much has a lock on the law enforcement market by undercutting the prices of their competitors.
    I doesn't have as much do with "under cutting" as much as it does with Glocks proven reliability. 9,000 rounds all on the factory springs, not one ever changed!! Not one ever malfunction of any type, that is why I carry and trust my life to Glock!!!!! There are Glocks that have had 20,000 rounds on the same set of springs with no malfunctions I think that says enough right there.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: Ruger Gets Prison Contract

I doesn't have as much do with "under cutting" as much as it does with Glocks proven reliability. 9,000 rounds all on the factory springs, not one ever changed!! Not one ever malfunction of any type, that is why I carry and trust my life to Glock!!!!! There are Glocks that have had 20,000 rounds on the same set of springs with no malfunctions I think that says enough right there.
    Absolutely! I couldn't agree more.

(Monroe County)

I disagree with your first statement... the rest I agree completely with. Glocks are damn good guns, they are reliable, easy to maintain, simple to shoot, and work great. They also aren't anywhere near the only ones that meet these criteria.

The reason the LEO's use them is because they are dirt cheap and Glock gives them massive discounts off the next gen with trade ins. Most police forces don't go for the best that money can buy, they go with what can be bought for the lowest inital cost and ongoing cost.

(Northampton County)

By Press Release

SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT ' Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE:RGR) is proud to announce that it has been awarded a 5-year requirements contract for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The contract is for 1,750 9mm pistols,.... Oh Great! Now they'll NEVER have time to take care of the SR9 recall jobs!
    Which, by the way, I am still waiting on them to contact me to send them my pistol for repair.(as per their instructions)

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post

By Press Release

SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT ' Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE:RGR) is proud to announce that it has been awarded a 5-year requirements contract for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The contract is for 1,750 9mm pistols,.... Oh Great! Now they'll NEVER have time to take care of the SR9 recall jobs!
    Which, by the way, I am still waiting on them to contact me to send them my pistol for repair.(as per their instructions)

Plinker
    From what I read of the recall,it seems to me to not be THAT big of an issue!

Good to see the Feds actually supporting AMERICAN Industry!

I disagree with your first statement... the rest I agree completely with. Glocks are damn good guns, they are reliable, easy to maintain, simple to shoot, and work great. They also aren't anywhere near the only ones that meet these criteria.

The reason the LEO's use them is because they are dirt cheap and Glock gives them massive discounts off the next gen with trade ins. Most police forces don't go for the best that money can buy, they go with what can be bought for the lowest inital cost and ongoing cost.
    But GLOCK is PERFECTION?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast