Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine crisis

(Mercer County)

Default Ukraine crisis

Things in Ukraine are really heating up. Pro-Russian activists are taking over government buildings and police stations. Ukraine's deadline for them to leave has ended and Ukraine is talking about using military force to deal with them. Russia put over 40,000 troops on the Ukraine boarder. What do you think will happen next? Should and will America stay out of it?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Ukraine crisis

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    Things in Ukraine are really heating up. Pro-Russian activists are taking over government buildings and police stations. Ukraine's deadline for them to leave has ended and Ukraine is talking about using military force to deal with them. Russia put over 40,000 troops on the Ukraine boarder. What do you think will happen next? Should and will America stay out of it?
    Exactly what could we do about it, and why should we get involved in a European issue? Let the Wehrmacht deal with it.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Exactly what could we do about it, and why should we get involved in a European issue? Let the Wehrmacht deal with it.
    I agree completely. But the US is threatening Russia if they continue escalating the problem. Also the US has given over 1Billion to Ukraine to help them. The most in debt nation giving away 1 Billion dollars.

(Bucks County)

We are in a no win situation.

Are we the big bad America who helps the lesser nations who have a bully problem?

Or are we the "eh, we just got out of 2 long wars and need some "me" time" America that says Europe..handle that".

Either way is not very favoriable for us. If we had come straight out and said that this is a European problem and that we would let them take the lead, I could see us being able to bow out gracefully. But since Europe has wavered due to energy reliance, we de facto took the lead on the the rhetoric/sanctions, and now are left holding the $1 billion bag.

Like I said, I can't see us coming out of this without at least a little egg on our face (at best). We've taken the lead on sanctions on Russia and have pledged a boatload of monetary support to Ukraine. We are pot committed but not yet all in. However, there's not a good way for us to fold without looking bad. Sucks but that's the reality as I see it.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Chester County)

^^^^ Well said. As we have nothing to gain, and everything to lose. We will lose anyway, so why expend blood, and treasure?

The goal of our current leadership is to make us weaker domestically, and internationally. They are just attaining their goal.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    We are in a no win situation.

Are we the big bad America who helps the lesser nations who have a bully problem?

Or are we the "eh, we just got out of 2 long wars and need some "me" time" America that says Europe..handle that".

Either way is not very favoriable for us. If we had come straight out and said that this is a European problem and that we would let them take the lead, I could see us being able to bow out gracefully. But since Europe has wavered due to energy reliance, we de facto took the lead on the the rhetoric/sanctions, and now are left holding the $1 billion bag.

Like I said, I can't see us coming out of this without at least a little egg on our face (at best). We've taken the lead on sanctions on Russia and have pledged a boatload of monetary support to Ukraine. We are pot committed but not yet all in. However, there's not a good way for us to fold without looking bad. Sucks but that's the reality as I see it.
    We are the third option - We got your back come Hell of high water!

Oops, sorry, I was busy that day.

(Pike County)

Once Ukrainians fucked up all the gains of the revolution, I ran out of fucks to give.

Instead of saying "we are one nation, that lived here together for centuries" the new government started with alienating Russian nationals by claiming Ukrainian national superiority.
    Je suis déplorable

(Lackawanna County)

The thing is, having apparently played a fundamental role in the overthrow of the legitimate [although corrupt] Ukrainian government, it seems that the "U.S. government" is already heavily involved.

The Russians, acting like reasonable, responsible statesmen, are apparently trying to find some kind of a diplomatic face-saving way out of the mess (largely for the benefit of the sponsors of the coup in Washington), but rather than accept that they made a serious mistake and grasp the lifeline the Russians are offering, the plotters, in their infinite arrogance, seem determined to double down.

So, rather than sit down at the table and try to find some kind of a political compromise that everyone can live with, they send in their killer mercenaries from "Blackwater"?

Our imperial Masters are delusional. They really think the people of Ukraine are going to accept the corrupt puppet government imposed on them, without a fight?

I can come to only one conclusion: "Whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad". Apparently the pre-destruction madness of the "U.S. government" is now on display for the whole world to see.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post

(Pike County)

Current headline: Kerry adviser: arming Ukraine forces is option.

Really, what the fuck. Those douchebags do everything to arm people, resisting tyrannies all over the world, yet actively denying the same rights for us.
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

So how about this develpment (at least it was new to me)

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/na...29a96a08b.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - A Russian fighter jet made multiple, close-range passes near an American warship in the Black Sea for more than 90 minutes Saturday amid escalating tensions in the region, U.S. military officials said Monday.

In the first public account of the incident, the officials said the Russian Fencer made 12 passes, and flew within 1,000 yards of the USS Donald Cook, a Navy destroyer, at about 500 feet above sea level.

The U.S. warship issued several radio queries and warnings using international emergency circuits, but the Russian aircraft did not respond.

"This provocative and unprofessional Russian action is inconsistent with international protocols and previous agreements on the professional interaction between our militaries," said Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman.

The fighter appeared to be unarmed and never was in danger of coming in contact with the ship, said the officials. The passes, which occurred in the early evening there, ended without incident. A second Russian fighter jet flew at a higher altitude and was not a concern, said Warren.

A U.S. military official also said that a Russian Navy ship, a frigate, has been shadowing the U.S. warship, remaining within visual distance but not close enough to be unsafe. The official was not authorized to discuss the incident publicly so spoke on condition of anonymity.

Warren said that he is not aware of any official communication or protests by the U.S. to the Russians about incident.

The USS Donald Cook has been conducting routine operations in international waters east of Romania. The ship, which carries helicopters, was deployed to the Black Sea on April 10, in the wake of the Russian military takeover of Ukraine's Crimea region and ongoing unrest there. U.S. military officials have said the deployment is part of an effort to reassure allies and partners in the region.

Ukraine's acting President Oleksandr Turchynov on Monday called for the deployment of United Nations peacekeeping troops in the east of the country, where pro-Russian insurgents have occupied buildings in nearly 10 cities. The gunmen are demanding more autonomy from the central government and closer ties with Russia.

The West has accused Moscow of fomenting the unrest. And European Union foreign ministers are meeting in Luxembourg Monday to consider additional sanctions against Russian officials because of Moscow's annexation of Crimea.

The USS Donald Cook is now in port at Constanta, Romania.

Romanian President Traian Basescu visited the ship Monday and said a second U.S. Navy warship - a frigate from the Navy's Sixth Fleet in the Mediterranean Sea - is also heading to the Black Sea.

"My visit to the ship is symbolic, which first of all shows our respect to our NATO allies' reaction who have strengthened their presence in the Black Sea after Russia's annexation of Crimea," said Basescu, who is a former ship captain. He said the Russians "had created a circle of fire around the Black Sea."

The U.S. frigate, which has not yet been identified, is expected to arrive in the Black Sea in the next two weeks. According to a U.S. military official, the frigate is likely to replace the USS Donald Cook, which is expected to return to the Mediterranean Sea.

I don't know how we could possibley respond, but I hate the idea that they are toying with us....because they know they can.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast