Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default "Knockout Game free zones"?

was talking to a friend of mine who happened to be an anti (yes i do have friends that are anti gun, they are not bad people just uninformed in my eyes) and the knockout game came up in discussion, and I mentioned that I dont understand why legislation has not been passed to establish "knockoutgame free zones" such as school and within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school. and that they should also pass legislation that makes the "game" illegal. Well lets just say the look on their face and their response was pretty priceless, to the effect of well it is already illegal to assault someone blah blah blah. thats when i switched it to changing the knockout game to their views on gun control and weapon bans.. the fact that it is illegal to shoot someone (other then self defense) but people are still doing it.. well that was the point when i actually saw some wheels grinding in their head and can tell that this put it in a little different perspective. needless to say they are pretty firm on their position and haven not changed their mind, but like i mentioned was the first time talking to this person about that subject were i saw signs that they really did listen

(Northampton County)

Default Re: "Knockout Game free zones"?

I like that

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I like that
    Yeah, I may have to borrow that as well.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Yeah, I may have to borrow that as well.
    please do, one thing i have learned talking to people with strong oppossing views is that they generally do not listen when you bring up the subject so i figured i would try talking about something else then watched them use anti-gun control type arguments to make their case then flipped it on them and the look on their face

We had an armed guard in our lobby the week after some layoffs were announced. One of my coworkers is a staunch anti & I told him that he didn't have to worry about mass shootings at work because our company has a no weapons policy. He acknowledged that a piece of paper saying no one can have guns wasn't going to stop a crazy person from doing something crazy. My coworker witnessed someone get shot to death at a young age so I understand his anti-gun position, but I certainly don't agree with it.

(Franklin County)

Kudos for making an attempt. Great comparison to make it hit home. The way I look at it is anytime they second guess themselves is a tiny chip out of the ignorance wall.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ C-burg View Post
    anytime they second guess themselves is a tiny chip out of the ignorance wall.
    completely agree and i have noticed that the traditional common sense statements dont seem to mean anything to them since they hear it so many times and just ignore common sense, always nice to add a new twist