Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default scope for my springfield .308

I'm looking for a scope for my gun. I want a long range scope that won't break the bank (Under 600.00) . I was thinking about buying the scope below.
    1. What do you know about the scope below? I searched the forum and only found one post about it.
    2. What scope would you suggest instead of the one below.
    Thank you!!!

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...ID=1&CatID=131

(York County)

Default Re: scope for my springfield .308

i've heard good and bad about countersniper optics, but i don't have any experience with them. I'd go with a Leopold. You could find a model that you're looking for that is under $600. I have a VXII 3-9x on my .30-06 and paid a little over $200 for it. some of the newer models will run you higher tho, but he older ones work just as good. just my .02

(Allegheny County)

Quick question. What's your definition of long range? 600,700,800,900,1000 yards?

Give us a little more on what your looking for and how you plan on using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

I'd like to get it out to 300-700 yards. I would use it for 'plinking' and fun.
    I have a a.223 with an eotech that I use for close range, and another .223w/the leopold AR scope. Looking to put a longer range scope on my .308
    Thank you for your help!

Hmmmm, I'm trying to think how to put this lightly. I wouldn't touch counter sniper optics if I was you. While I have NO experience with them, I've read LOTS of stuff from people that I trust who have experience with them.

The first thing that you should know is that their marketing is a bunch of BS. They talk about government contracts, and how quality their scopes are. They even make up all kinds of coatings that are merely an exaggeration to make them sound better. If you read the following pages directly from their website, it should give you the idea that these people are targeting the "mall ninja" crowd that wants a "higher grade" optic.
    http://www.countersniperoptics.com/c...d=4910888.5388 . The first 3 paragraphs speak for themselves, it's ridiculous BS. NONE of their scopes are worth, or hold enough quality to be even close to $7,000; whether they're made out of titanium or not. They do NOT EVEN COMPARE to a USO, Premier Heritage, Schmidt & Bender, that cost half of $7k. Then they try to use that as their hype for saying "mil spec over runs" can be yours at a fraction of the price, etc.

I don't know that I've really seen a more dishonest approach to selling optics. They may use german glass, but they're definitely assembled in China or some place like that. If you look at some of the other companies of things they sell (Dark ops), they make claims that navy seals use their fighting knives, etc. Either way, I would just stay away from all their stuff, it's a bunch of hype. I've heard they have terrible customer service, and who knows how long they'll be around to warranty their scopes. There's actually a current thread on snipershide about these scopes, they basically say the same thing. Check it out if you like, http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...33#Post1290033 . Either way, I would definitely check out some of the other bargain priced LR optics before I'd go with counter sniper optics.

Thank you for the feedback. What scope would you recommend for my .308? How about the vortex viper? Is that any good? I really do not know much about optics, thanks again for your help.

(Allegheny County)

Have you checked out the bushnell elite scopes? I've heard good things about the 4200 for the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

No I have not, but I will check them out. I was also looking at the Vortex Viper, any thoughts???