Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Thoughts on Kel-tec p-11

I am looking at getting a kel-tec p-11 for conceal carry. I was wondering what people thought about this gun: pros, cons, personal encounters. Anything would be helpful.

(Potter County)

Default Re: Thoughts on Kel-tec p-11

i have had one for about 8 months now, 100 % reliable, fires any ammo i put in it, simple, less trigger pull than orignal p-11s

i use the 12 round mag, it is UGLY, it hurts if fired too much, but for $230 a good deal

if i had a choice again between a pf-9 (7+1) and the p-11, i think i would chose the pf-9, just a little smaller, but the 12+1 round capicity of the p-11 is nice (but you have to buy the 12 round mag)
    gun control dosen't work, career criminal control will !

(Delaware County)

I use one on a belt clip for my daily carry gun. I've carried it for 3 years. Small, light, completely dependable, fires a cartridge that will consistently provide adequate penetration. It's not a lot of fun to shoot, but it is not so harsh as to preclude practice with your carry ammo.

(Lebanon County)

i've been torn between the p-9 and the p-11.
    ones coming, just not sure which i want.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Pike County)

I do not have a P-11, but I do have a P-40, the .40 cal version. I like it, nice and powerful for a gun that size. If you like it, go for it!

(Allegheny County)

Pros:

Cheap handgun that fires a nice round. It goes bang everytime and is somewhat compact considering.

Cons:

Heavy trigger pull, hurts to shoot often.

If you don't have the extra cash for an XD sub-compact or otherwise it's a fine little pistol. For self defense it's not bad at all...

(Allegheny County)

I have the P-11 and two PF9's. Yhey all shoot good but the P-11 is no fun to shoot while I can shoot the PF9's all day without any problems.

(Chester County)

I've had my P11 for 10 yrs now, and as a carry weapon its great. Compact, light & 12 rounds reliabily. The trigger is long & hard (I had the original 10lb trigger spring) But with the new 8.5 lb spring, a trigger show & a ramp polish, (All of these really are must haves and the cost is very little) the trigger is greatly increased. Its still a long pull, but not so tough on the fingers.

Its not the most "fun" gun to shoot, but I do take it with me everytime I go to the range. If theres 1 gun that I own that I want to be able to shoot the best with...its the 1 I carry for SD

(Berks County)

I had one several years ago, and it never failed to fire. It will use S&W 5900 series 15 round mags if you don't mind them extending well below the handle, trigger is not that heavy and it is not really a terrible gun to fire compared to some light weight .38 snub revolvers.
    Mine had some casting excess down the center of the trigger that I removed with a sanding pad by hand and made the gun more comfortable to shoot.

It was a very reliable gun and a very good choice for a carry piece, IMO. I sold mine because it was only a bit smaller and lighter than my S&W 9mm tha was my main carry at the time.

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.

(Allegheny County)

Bought one, fired it once and got rid of it.

If you get one, start doing push ups with your trigger finger now so when you shoot it you can hit anything. Or, cut the trigger guard off so you can use both fingers to pull the trigger.

On the good side; nice carry size, best feeling gun in your hand, very accurate if you clamp it in a vice so trigger pull doesn't affect your shot.

A little sarcasm there, not much though.

If you're looking for a nice sized, good feeling carry gun; may I suggest Charter Arms http://www.charterfirearms.com/ The Bull Dog Pug 44 is the best shooting, most accurate carry gun I have owned, and the reviews agree: http://www.gunblast.com/Bulldog_Pug.htm the trigger pull is like silk, even double action.

I would rather have 5 shots I can place that 10 that yanking on a trigger go where ever they happen to.
    Last edited by wboggs; December 16th, 2007 at 10:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast