Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Question Steven Seagal new show "Lawman"

I was flipping through channels a few nights ago and watched his new…. I guess it's a show? He made at least one stupid comment about citizens being armed, and went on to act the martial art, movie star/cop thing that I guess the whole show is supposed to be about. I wasn't impressed with the show because it was the oddest thing I've watched in awhile.

Anyway, he was at a shooting range with a few officers and Steven Seagal was shooting amazingly well. Here's the only video I've found so far, but I watched him shooting other targets in the same episode and couldn't help but admire his target groups. In this video he's apparently shooting a .22, but in the other footage I saw he had to be shooting a larger caliber compared to the holes left in the paper. Did anyone see it? I couldn't help but notice when he shot, his attitude, stance and the way he followed up shots, left me with the impression that he becomes sort of "one with his firearm."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Y6CBy2iuU

Another reason for the thread is, have you ever had shooting moments when you're sort of "one with your firearm?" You shoot so damn well that it shocks you. I've had several and they usually happen when I'm not necessarily set up to shoot, or it’s a spur of the moment shooting.

For instance, several weeks ago a tenant was moving out and he gave his muzzle loader and ammo to a younger tenant that was tickled pink. They decided to set a fast, but safe target up in the woods at about 40 feet. The fellow was having a ball and I mentioned that I love shooting. He wanted to watch me shoot my S&W 642 revolver that I have a CT laser grip on, so I loaded it with some cheap American Eagle and fired off five rounds. It was a "one with the firearm" moment because my group was amazing.

I remember having my knees bent and sort of leaning into the revolver. I don't remember my trigger pull, but I do remember he, I and others that were watching were sort of shocked that I shot so well. I went up later when the lighting was just enough to see the target and did the same thing. I've shot amazingly well like this on other spur of the moment occasions, not many, but enough to ask if others have had similar spur of the moment, amazing shooting experiences.

It's funny because I can be shooting ready, excited, have all my equipment set up and have that feeling I'm going to shot real well, only to have the shoot end up a disaster as far as having any kind of remarkable groupings.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Steven Seagal new show "Lawman"

I missed the whole show, but did see a few clips/highlights. Seagal has a long history with being a 1911 collector/user. He had a big thing for Terry Tussey custom pieces back in the day. From articles I've read on him over the years, he is also into firearms training in addition to Zen and the arts. I like the guy and his movies, even if he can be a tad cheesy....

(Monroe County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/80...s-tonight.html

I already started a thread on it, 6 pages long so far
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Columbia County)

I just cannot stomach shows with him because they're always cheesy. I haven't seen this show, but from your description, it reminds me of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura - ultra cheesy, low budget one season (if he's lucky) hit.