Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NJ state trooper in PA

OK so Saturday me and my girl go out to some place for some food that we've never been to before, after about an hour or so we decide to head back to her place which is about 45 mins away, we try to get the GPS going on our phones but for some reason neither of us has any internet so I decided to see if I can get back myself

Anyways after driving a while I guess i got on the wrong highway because I started getting close to the Delaware river, so I'm getting close to a bridge and I decided to try to make an illegal u turn because I don't want to enter prnj unless I have to

When getting ready to turn around that's when I see him a NJ state trooper about 100 feet from the bridge so that's when I decided instead of getting pulled over I'll just go in nj make a u turn and and head back into PA and that's what I did I crossed the bridge made a u turn payed the 2 dollar toll and head back into PA and he's still there sitting in his police cruiser, all I have to say is luckily I wasn't carrying

So what was an NJ state trooper doing in PA? Can he even pull someone over in PA and give them a citation?
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Beaver County)

Default Re: NJ state trooper in PA

As long as I was still in Pa, I'd have whipped a shitty right in front of him. I hate NJ.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Could I have done an illegal u turn in pa in front of him and him not be able to do anything about it?

He was completely in PA like I said 100 feet from the entrance of the bridge
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    So what was an NJ state trooper doing in PA?
    Probably getting a blow job.

(York County)

I question whether he was in pa, or in pa at the line watching only people only going into nj.

I would have popped a U'ee anyways. And took my chances. Even more so if I was carrying. He can't be in pa and stop pa. He's nj. He has a jurisdiction. Officers being in one jurisdiction and stopping someone as they go into another happens though.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    OK so Saturday me and my girl go out to some place for some food that we've never been to before, after about an hour or so we decide to head back to her place which is about 45 mins away, we try to get the GPS going on our phones but for some reason neither of us has any internet so I decided to see if I can get back myself

Anyways after driving a while I guess i got on the wrong highway because I started getting close to the Delaware river, so I'm getting close to a bridge and I decided to try to make an illegal u turn because I don't want to enter prnj unless I have to

When getting ready to turn around that's when I see him a NJ state trooper about 100 feet from the bridge so that's when I decided instead of getting pulled over I'll just go in nj make a u turn and and head back into PA and that's what I did I crossed the bridge made a u turn payed the 2 dollar toll and head back into PA and he's still there sitting in his police cruiser, all I have to say is luckily I wasn't carrying

So what was an NJ state trooper doing in PA? Can he even pull someone over in PA and give them a citation?

Depends on what the stop was for and any joint compacts between the states.

For indictable offenses, an out-of-state officer in 'close pursuit' can enter Pa and arrest.

Some of the Delaware bridge compacts allow for full joint-state police powers within the property and approaches on both sides of the bridge.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by khankewycz
    I question whether he was in pa, or in pa at the line watching only people only going into nj.

I would have popped a U'ee anyways. And took my chances. Even more so if I was carrying. He can't be in pa and stop pa. He's nj. He has a jurisdiction. Officers being in one jurisdiction and stopping someone as they go into another happens though.
    But cops do stuff all the time that are beyond their powers, jurisdiction and even against your personal rights.

What makes you think he wouldn't have pulled him over anyways and caused the op a headache?

What about car chases that go into different states? Do they just stop and say well I guess thats the end for me... Hell no

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Probably getting a blow job.
    Everything is better in PA.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Berks County)

I know the Delaware Port Authority Police that cover the Commodore Barry bridge have jurisdiction on both sides, learned that one the hard way unfortunately lol

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    What about car chases that go into different states? Do they just stop and say well I guess thats the end for me... Hell no

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    According to every movie ever made, yes. Sometimes even the county line is enough to stop them.
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast