Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Martial law warnings.

Have you guys seen these adds that MTV made?

Disturbing....

WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Martial law warnings.

Actually the holocaust didn't happen to people like us; we're armed to the teeth and know that the 'happy camps' aren't happy at all.

SO what are they trying to say here? Have they jumped on the bandwagon of comparing the president to Hitler, or is this.... something else? I really don't know.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

"Schindlers List" is a very good (movie) true story on this!
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

^^ Good question... it's not like MTV to be concerned with things like liberty, freedom, and other extremist right wing philosophies.

(Beaver County)

I'm actually kind of shocked that something like this came out of MTV...let alone the word "think" appears next to "MTV" in any context

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    I'm actually kind of shocked that something like this came out of MTV...let alone the word "think" appears next to "MTV" in any context
    Yeah me too ... you think maybe some of 'us' have infiltrated 'them' ... and honestly I see nothing wrong with showing ads like that focused at kids, might wake some of them up so they can finally see all is not well in 'happy land'

All I can say is thank god my son has his eyes wide open.

(Montgomery County)

wow good post. at first i thought it was a joke. i read it quickly and thought it said marital law.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Yeah me too ... you think maybe some of 'us' have infiltrated 'them' ... and honestly I see nothing wrong with showing ads like that focused at kids, might wake some of them up so they can finally see all is not well in 'happy land'

All I can say is thank god my son has his eyes wide open.

^This, pretty much. Google 'think.mtv.com' and poke around.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    SO what are they trying to say here? Have they jumped on the bandwagon of comparing the president to Hitler, or is this.... something else? I really don't know.
    I was skeptical going into this, as I figured it was just more tin-foil rantings about how Obama is the anti-christ. Then I got even more skeptical when I saw the MTV logo, since I don't really expect anything thoughtful or substantial to come from them.

I was actually pleasantly surprised.

It's all to easy to view those sorts of events as part of ancient history, and to believe that it can't happen to us. Putting it into a contemporary contrast and then blending into historical photographs sends a pretty powerful message.

In times of conflict it's disproportionately the younger generations, like those who would watch MTV, who are called upon to fight and die in wars. Coming from a source like this also disarms your internal biases, since if it came from a conservative group it would be easily dismissed as some sort of anti-Obama screed.

Distrust of police and government is probably an area where young liberals and libertarian-leaning gun owners probably share more in common than they might at first be willing to admit. I seem to recall a lot of sympathy here towards the students who protested during the G20 and their treatment by police, even though most of them were probably on the opposite end of the political spectrum from most here. I've actually seen a not insignificant amount of young and otherwise unapologetic lefties converted to a pro-gun perspective, even during the Bush years.
    Last edited by eXceLon; November 10th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

I'm actually impressed by the commercials. They were more than I would have given MTV credit for. Think about it, though, the majority of the middle class workers grew up with MTV, they are the ones running it now. Also, most of the peopel WE know may be 'armed to the teeth', but as a percentage of the population it is probably no more than 10-15%. There are more that own a rifle or a shotgun and maybe a box or two of ammo, but as far as multiple firearms of different flavors...... I think we're still in the minority.

I may not agree with all of the messengers, especially around election times, BUT there was a group urging people to LEARN, THINK, then VOTE around here last year. The group was not one I would agree with there platform, but that simple message was one I could get behind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast