Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Where were you when...

I had a sad thought last night.

There is an entire generation of Americans that remember exactly where they were when Man Landed on the Moon

There is another entire generation of Americans that remember exactly where they were when the Berlin Wall came down

It always seems to be about 10 years when we start asking, "Do you remember where you were when.... ?"

So, it made me realize that the next "big accomplishment" that will be the subject of "Where were you when..." worship is going to be...

"Where were you when Obama was elected?"

A generation of today's youth will revel in that moment for decades to come...

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Where were you when...

in my living room shaking my head in total disbelief, feeling my heart sink in fear for our nation.

(Bucks County)

I was taking a dump. Sort of a picture of what is to come.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Monroe County)

I think a much more likely question will be "Where were you when 9/11 happened"
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm not so sure of that. Sadly I think many have forgotten that completely and many who were born after 9/11/01 will remember the election of our Dear Leader to his first term. Especially when we are "celebrating" his 9th term in office.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I'm not so sure of that. Sadly I think many have forgotten that completely and many who were born after 9/11/01 will remember the election of our Dear Leader to his first term. Especially when we are "celebrating" his 9th term in office.
    God i hope not .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Monroe County)

that's what i thought it was gonna be....i was working in Irvington, NJ on a broken sewer main..(yeah I know, Jersey sewer water, ugh)..one of my co-workers saw one of the planes hit from up on the highway/bridge, but didnt exactly know what was going on..........my wife called me frantically to tell me what had happened cuz she saw it on the news....it was all in all a very dark day.

(Berks County)

Agreed. At the time, there were many who thought Clinton's election was momentous, and today no one's asking, "Where were you when Clinton was elected?". IMHO Obama's actions combined with the state he's going to leave the country in, will relegate his legacy to a Carteresque footnote in history.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

That one I remember. 7th grade Math, 11:30AM when we were told to return to our home rooms for early dismissal. A little late as the towers were down by the time we found out what actually happened. Our idiot home room teacher told us attacks were happening all over the country, we were at war and whatnot. Scared the hell out of us. Got home and found out my mother heard the initial reports that stated it might be an accident and was watching live when all doubt was removed as the 2nd plane hit the towers.

I remember where I was day one of Iraq too, that one I did see live.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

I doubt it. By the time that comes around, history will have been rewritten so that the question would become:

"Where were you when the Arab world finally retaliated for decades of hostile, greed-driven capitalist aggression toward their peaceful religion?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast