Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NJ senator robbed at home

NJ Senator Lesniak Says He Was Robbed At Home
    ELIZABETH, N.J. (AP) ―

Sen. Raymond Lesniak says he was robbed early Saturday by two young men who broke into his Elizabeth home while he was sleeping.

Lesniak tells The Star-Ledger of Newark that he was woken up by noise and saw two men standing just feet from his bed.

The Union County Democrat tells the newspaper that the men seemed surprised to find anyone at home, and one suggested they shoot him, though Lesniak did not see a gun.

The 62-year-old Lesniak says the men took cash, a cellular phone and the keys to his Lexus hybrid, which they left untouched in his garage.

Police are calling the home invasion "highly unusual" for the normally tranquil are near Kean University. They say the men, who are still at large, broke in through a basement window.
    Story Link: http://cbs3.com/local/NJ.Senator.Lesniak.2.988625.html

I wonder how he feels about more gun laws and how hard it is in NJ for the good guys to buy a gun and how easy it is for the bad guys to get one

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NJ senator robbed at home

Quote Originally Posted by tail pipe todd View Post
    Story Link: http://cbs3.com/local/NJ.Senator.Lesniak.2.988625.html

I wonder how he feels about more gun laws and how hard it is in NJ for the good guys to buy a gun and how easy it is for the bad guys to get one
    I wonder the same thing. Not knowing this senators stance on gun's its hard to say. But just from having that very human experience of being terrified, I'm sure the "what if's" are going through his mind. What if I had a gun? Should I have a gun in the house now. That kind of experience has...has to change everything about a persons psyche.

The were standing at the foot of his bed for crying out loud. That's some horror movie shit right there. It could be not only a life changing experience for him, but a political life changing view for him?

edit Sen. Raymond Lesniak is a Democrat and was in the army from 1967-1969 http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=61
    Last edited by JIDinPhilly; April 20th, 2009 at 01:04 AM.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Lehigh County)

I bet it was Sven Olofson and Mickey O'Shea that did it.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Northampton County)

Not knowing this senators stance on gun's its hard to say.
    A Democrat from that area.....well if I had to guess......................

(Adams County)

Were they assault burglers? Maybe he could just ban those too. Or, make burglary illegal. Making things illegal always stops that thing from happening.

I hope he comes around, but he won't. If anything, he'll demand stricter gun control because if it was this easy for them to get a gun, then there are too many guns available.

Or, he'll say that the influx of guns are coming across the PA border, and he'll work with the PA Governor to limit the availability of guns in PA. In short, regurgitate the "Too many American guns in Mexico" story verbatim, but substitute NJ for Mexico, and PA for America.

I do want to be wrong, though.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

From what I am finding, Lesniak is no friend of gun oweners. The Ron Paul Forums are jumping all over him.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_raymond_lesni...ll_they_e.html
    POSTED BY SENATOR LESNIAK:

"Anyone have an answer? I don't. But we're all familiar with the wrong answers.

I support strong gun control laws but, we would have to ban all guns to have an effect on shootings like what happened in Illinois. That's not going to happen nor should it happen.

Arming everyone isn't the answer either. Okay, maybe some sharp shooter student in the audience could have taken this guy down after he only killed a few. A more likely scenario would be an increase in gun violence all over the place

Heraldo Rivera wants a police officer at every entrance and exit to every school, auditorium, and lunch room: a police state. I say, not America, not in the home of the brave and the free.

So, why here? Why so often? Why now? Don't know. We can pray for an answer. That may be the best course of action right now."

"Arming everyone isn't the answer either. A more likely scenario would be an increase in gun violence all over the place." UM.... your INTUITION IS NOT PROOF OF THIS........UGHHHHHH... no one will shoot anyone if everyone has guns... if anything it will make gentlemen of all.

Judging by the typos, this is a rhetoric free opinion from the senator, so thank him for his honesty, but I really think his logic is flawed at the core.
    Last edited by archangel689; April 20th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

(Clearfield County)

I think the more likely relevelation he may have is that calling the cops in that situation wouldn't have made him any safer and that he was responsible for his own protection at that moment. I think this is the only concept that the antis can actually comprehend.

Maybe... just maybe... the answer is that there are acceptable losses when it comes to maintaining a truly free society. People have to die for a society to remain free. That's just the way it is. You cannot protect 100% of the people from 100% of the threats that confront them.

Everything in the Universe is a natural control loop. In other words, every system has inputs and outputs, and we tweak the inputs based on what we see at the outputs.

When there's an uptick in crime (people die), people go out and buy guns to protect themselves (fewer people die overall). It's a natural equilibrium. When the government takes away the freedom to change the inputs based on the outputs, the outputs go out of control.

This is why gun control is so idiotic. It's a basic variable in our societal control loop. Take it away, and society fails. Look at Canada, Europe, the UK, and now Australia. High crime. Ineffective police. Complete inability to fight terrorism (except that we do it for them). Complete police states. No freedom.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Maybe... just maybe... the answer is that there are acceptable losses when it comes to maintaining a truly free society. People have to die for a society to remain free. That's just the way it is. You cannot protect 100% of the people from 100% of the threats that confront them.

Everything in the Universe is a natural control loop. In other words, every system has inputs and outputs, and we tweak the inputs based on what we see at the outputs.

When there's an uptick in crime (people die), people go out and buy guns to protect themselves (fewer people die overall). It's a natural equilibrium. When the government takes away the freedom to change the inputs based on the outputs, the outputs go out of control.

This is why gun control is so idiotic. It's a basic variable in our societal control loop. Take it away, and society fails. Look at Canada, Europe, the UK, and now Australia. High crime. Ineffective police. Complete inability to fight terrorism (except that we do it for them). Complete police states. No freedom.
    An interesting perspective on the situation. I would've never thought one could logically apply control systems theory to the RKBA issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    When the government takes away the freedom to change the inputs based on the outputs, the outputs go out of control.
    In other words, when the government messes with the societal "feedback loop".
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast