Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Message from the NRA

For those who are not yet NRA members or do not get NRA news letters

As you should already be aware, NRA-PVF (www.NRAPVF.org) has endorsed Lynn Swann's campaign for Governor. Lynn Swann supports the ideals and beliefs, which are espoused by the NRA and its members, and NRA fully supports Lynn Swann's campaign.
    What you may not realize is that this year's Pennsylvania Governor's race may ultimately determine your right to bear arms. Last week, during a debate with Mr. Swann, Gov. Rendell put gun owners on notice that if he is re-elected, you can expect an all out assault on our 2nd Amendment freedoms. Rendell stated:
    "And for an ordinary citizen, one gun a month means the ordinary citizen can buy 12 a year. How is that a possible intrusion on the rights of ordinary citizens? We need tougher gun laws."
    You can read more about Rendell's anti-2nd Amendment philosophy, as well as Lynn Swann's pro-2nd Amendment/pro-sportsmen's philosophy by visiting: www.SwannForGovernor.com/images/nraswann.pdf or by going to www.SwannForGovernor.com and clicking on "Top Photo".
    As ordinary citizens, we should be outraged by this infringement on our rights. Please join the NRA in supporting Lynn Swann's campaign for Governor. There are a couple of ways to offer your immediate help:
    1. Promote Lynn's Pro-2nd Amendment/Pro-Sportsmen's positions by getting them out to gun clubs and gun shops. You will find a piece contrasting the candidates' views on the campaign's website: www.SwannForGovernor.com/images/nraswann.pdf or you can go to www.SwannForGovernor.com and click on "Top Photo"
    2. Participate in the campaign's home calling program geared towards 2nd Amendment voters. You can do so by visiting www.swannforgovernor.com and sign up under "Phone Bank". They are asking you for a commitment of just 20 phone calls a night and asking you to tap your network of Pro-2nd Amendment friends to help us in this effort.
    3. Write a letter to the editor about Lynn's Pro-2nd Amendment/Pro-Sportsmen's philosophy.
    Thank you for your support of the NRA. We appreciate your commitment to our 2nd Amendment rights and pro-gun ideals. Only by electing candidates like Lynn Swann will we be able to protect and maintain our rights.
    Last edited by Frenchy; October 20th, 2006 at 11:33 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Fulton County)

Default Re: Message from the NRA

Not to be a jerk or anything,,, but here it goes.... everytime i get something from the NRA they are just asking for money it gets old after awhile

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    Not to be a jerk or anything,,, but here it goes.... everytime i get something from the NRA they are just asking for money it gets old after awhile

I hope the NRA never feels the same way about trying to defeat any new gun laws.

The constant fight for our god given right to bear arms isn't exactly free. Freedom isn't free. I support them every chance I get. Even a dollar here and a dollar there when I order something from the NRA store helps. What's $5 a month?

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    Im sure my employer thinks the same way... Im always asking for a paycheck for what I do... Must get old to them.
    No matter where a service is performed, there will be some sort of payment... Think of it this way, how much would it cost you as an individual to go to court on YOUR behalf to protect YOUR rights to own and carry a gun in America if it where not for the NRA?
    What they ask for is $35 per year, you can actually get it for $25 now on many websites. They suggest that you could send more if you feel strongly about it, or you could purchase gifts from them if you want to help them, but they are not breaking your arm saying BUY this or else.. They are not sending letters saying you OWE us this much pay up!
    They are not pushing for a law that has to have you join in order to own or carry, and they still protect you if you are not a member. They are not pushing for you to have yearly inspections, or insurance, merely suggesting that you could have insurance through them. The basic insurance is free BTW for members.
    Now I pay for a car, I get told i have to insure it or cant drive it, has to be inspected or I cant drive it, AND I cant really argue about repairs once its being inspected unless i want to bring my car home on a towing, (that I would have to pay).. I pay for tags on it yearly, and all in all wind up paying for some thing that is a basic need in many parts of this state over $1,500 per year plus my regular car payments. Yet none of that helps to lobby for my rights as a car owner... I would need to join the AAA for that to happen.

People who have paid up their $35 yearly dues to the NRA ensure you dont have to pay that same Inspection and insurance on your gun... I think that is a bargain! Believe me, there is nothing the Governement wants more then for you to have to bring all your guns to them once a year so they can register/inspect them and charge you in the process for owning them.

If you ever get your guns confiscated like they did in Louisisnna, and you have to go to court, and the judge says there is a precedent in Louisianna NRA vs. ... You should stand up and say I dont feel the need to pay into the NRA, let me fight my own battles, I'm willing to pay my own lawyers and court fees. But see, some of us pay into it, and in many cases more then we have to, and you have the priveledge to use that... In cases that are unfair, the NRA will be there to protect your basic rights. So In words that are much wiser then my own. (wife used it on me a few times) You dont like junk e-mails? Learn where the delete key is!
    As long as you pay your basic dues, they are very happy to serve you. And if you dont pay your yearly dues, they are still out there doing their best!
    Last edited by Frenchy; October 22nd, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Frenchy, a very well put post!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDevil View Post
    Frenchy, a very well put post!
    I truly couldn't have put it better. Thanks Frenchy. Big +1
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.