Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Cop shot 3 times with AK-47 in NE Philly

Ugh, http://www.nbc10.com

On my phone, does anyone have more info?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Cop shot 3 times with AK-47 in NE Philly

That sucks, Philly is getting more and more dangerous by the day.

No other real info has been released yet other then 1 of the suspets was shot, the other is at large and the officer died

(Luzerne County)

Here is the story..

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia police said a police officer was shot and killed in the Port Richmond section of the city on Saturday.

Two men robbed the Bank of American branch inside the ShopRite at Castor and Aramingo at 11:25 a.m., police spokeswoman Officer Tanya Little said.

The men fled, and a police sergeant confronted them at Almond and Schiller streets about 15 minutes later. He was shot three times with an AK-47, police said.

He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition, where he died on Saturday afternoon.

After the officer was shot, police chased two men and fatally shot one of them at D and Loudon. The suspect died at the hospital, police said.

Police were searching a wooded area of the Juniata section of the city for another man and a woman. A state police helicopter was helping with the search, and federal authorities were investigating the bank robbery.

The man was described as black, stocky and wearing a white hospital mask. He had shoulder-length dreadlocks, but Little said officers cautioned that that could be wig. The woman, whose race was not known, was dressed in a head-to-toe light brown robe.

Copyright 2008 by NBC10.com The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    That sucks, Philly is getting more and more dangerous by the day.

No other real info has been released yet other then 1 of the suspets was shot, the other is at large and the officer died
    As a life long resident of Philly let me set the record straight. Philly is NOT getting more and more dangerous by the day. The majority of the city is very safe. However, certain sections of the city, which are made up predominately of blacks, are VERY dangerous. Please don't generalize when talking about Philly.

I realize this post may not be politically correct but it is fact. Blacks are responsible for the significant majority of crimes in the city, including murders. And the majority of these murders are black on black, typically drug or gang related. Quite frankly, I hope they continue to keep knocking each other off.

My prayers go out to Officer Liczbinski who was executed today by the black scumbags who were dressed in Muslim garb from head to toe. My brother is an Philly officer in the 24th district where Officer Liczbinski was working.

It's unfortunate that my first post has to be on this topic.

(Montgomery County)

He leaves behind a wife and three children.

Jesus.........what a shame .........

(Erie County)

My solution to Philadelphia's increasing violence

1. Identify neighborhoods where illegal activity and violence is at its highest

2. Insert a police presence into these neighborhoods

3. Organize neighborhood watch

4. Encourage citizens to arm themselves against potential threats

5. Ensure police have proper firearms to match threat.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grappler View Post
    As a life long resident of Philly let me set the record straight. Philly is NOT getting more and more dangerous by the day. The majority of the city is very safe. However, certain sections of the city, which are made up predominately of blacks, are VERY dangerous. Please don't generalize when talking about Philly.

I realize this post may not be politically correct but it is fact. Blacks are responsible for the significant majority of crimes in the city, including murders. And the majority of these murders are black on black, typically drug or gang related. Quite frankly, I hope they continue to keep knocking each other off.

My prayers go out to Officer Liczbinski who was executed today by the black scumbags who were dressed in Muslim garb from head to toe. My brother is an Philly officer in the 24th district where Officer Liczbinski was working.

It's unfortunate that my first post has to be on this topic.

blacks, muslims... who else do you hate?

xenophobia rules.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by whenheavenfell View Post
    blacks, muslims... who else do you hate?

xenophobia rules.
    It might not sound nice or politically correct, but what he's arguing is essentially true.

Demographically, the poorer black neighborhoods of Philadelphia foster more crime.

(Lancaster County)

It's not racism to acknowledge a trend, it's stupidity to look past one in order to maintain some sort of politically correct fasade.

(Delaware County)

PORT RICHMOND - May 3, 2008 (WPVI) -- A gunman shot and killed a police officer during a bank robbery this morning.

According to Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey, at least two armed men robbed the Bank of America branch inside the Shop Rite located at 3547 Aramingo Avenue around 11:26 a.m. Ramsey says there may have been a third suspect involved in the hold up.

The suspects fled in a vehicle described as a black or blue Jeep.
    Story continues below
    Advertisement

An officer, identified as 39-year-old Sergeant Stephen Liczbinski from the 24th District, encountered the vehicle in the 2500 block of E. Schiller Street. At least one of the suspects drew an assault-type weapon and fired shots at Liczbinski, fatally wounding the officer.

Sgt. Liczbinski was shot three times, suffering wounds to the face and abdomen. He was rushed to Northeast Hospital then transferred to Temple University Hospital, where he later died.

One suspect was shot in the 500 block of E. Louden Street and later died at Einstein Medical Center.

The second suspect, and a possible third, are still at large. Police are conducting an extensive search for the suspects and interviewing possible witnesses.

Police say they are looking for three suspects. They are described as follows:

Suspect 1
    # A tall black male with a medium build.
    # During the robbery he wore sunglasses, female Muslim garb from head to toe, and carried a shoulder-type bag.

Suspect 2
    # Possibly a female, standing 5'6"-5'7" and was wearing light brown Muslim garb.
    # Her race has not been determined.

Suspect 3
    # Male with a stock build, standing 6'2"-6'3", with a medium brown complexion.
    # Shoulder-length dreadlocks, which may or may not be a wig.
    # He was wearing a white hospital or construction-type mask.
    # He was wearing blue jeans a light-colored shirt, possibly flannel.

Sergeant Liczbinski, a 12-year veteran of the department, was recently promoted to the rank of sergeant. He would have celebrated his 40th birthday this coming Tuesday, May 6th. Liczbinski is survived by his wife Michele, sons Matt and Stephen, and daughter Amber.

Action News will have further information as soon as it becomes available.

According to one cop, an AK type rifle was used to kill the policeman.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast