Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Going in for surgery soon

I spent all night Friday in the ER to find out I have gallstones and need my gallbladder out.I have to call Jefferson out patient surgery tomorrow to schedule ASAP to get my gallbladder removed.I'm in a lot of pain and haven't really ate much since Friday because almost everything I eat sends me to the bathroom for a violent bowel movement and severe gas pains in my chest,stomach,sides,back and even my shoulders that will last for almost 2 hours, I have been just eating a bowl of chicken soup every 6 hours(This really sucks)I have been losing weight but dam what a way to lose, anyway I hope they can squeeze me in this week so I can just get this over with.My work is cool about it and will place me on light duty for 2 weeks when I return.I'm still working like this until I go under the knife, I drive a armored car.Wish me luck guys.
    Last edited by Mohaa Player; March 1st, 2009 at 09:28 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Going in for surgery soon

Good luck and a fast recovery

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohaa Player View Post
    I spent all night Friday in the ER to find out I have gallstones and need my gallbladder out.I have to call Jefferson out patient surgery tomorrow to schedule ASAP to get my gallbladder removed.I'm in a lot of pain and haven't really ate much since Friday because almost everything I eat sends me to the bathroom for a violent bowel movement and have severe gas pains in my chest,stomach,sides,back and even my shoulders that will last for almost 2 hours, I have been just eating a bowl of chicken soup every 6 hours(This really sucks)I have been losing weight but dam what a way to lose, anyway I hope they can squeeze me in this week so I can just get this over with.My work is cool about it and will place me on light duty for 2 weeks when I return.I'm still working like this until I go under the knife, I drive a armored car.Wish me luck guys.
    I had my GB removed last summer by Clarence Holland now at St Lukes. Surgery was at 7AM, by lunch time I had a chicken salad sandwich in the cafeteria just after discharge, then stopped at Kohls to buy socks on the way home, didn`t need the Oxycodone but saved it for a rainy day. One day rest then able to do what ever. The right doc and it`s way easier then getting root canal on a tooth.

Good luck. It`s a really easy surgery. You`ll be fine.
    Last edited by Exbiker; March 1st, 2009 at 09:37 PM.

(Clarion County)

Good luck to you and a speedy recovery.

Had mine out a couple years ago. No biggy, recovery was quick. Took a week before I felt great, a couple of weeks and I was in the gym following Drs orders on how much weight, etc. Only have one scar under the belly button that you can really see. The other two have already faded.

Until surgery, avoid foods with fat as much as possible. Eat low fat, or no fat. Chicken soup is probably quite high in fat...
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohaa Player View Post
    I spent all night Friday in the ER to find out I have gallstones and need my gallbladder out.I have to call Jefferson out patient surgery tomorrow to schedule ASAP to get my gallbladder removed.I'm in a lot of pain and haven't really ate much since Friday because almost everything I eat sends me to the bathroom for a violent bowel movement and severe gas pains in my chest,stomach,sides,back and even my shoulders that will last for almost 2 hours, I have been just eating a bowl of chicken soup every 6 hours(This really sucks)I have been losing weight but dam what a way to lose, anyway I hope they can squeeze me in this week so I can just get this over with.My work is cool about it and will place me on light duty for 2 weeks when I return.I'm still working like this until I go under the knife, I drive a armored car.Wish me luck guys.
    My wife was misdiagnosed with appendicitis and ended up having her GB removed.

Good luck to you and a speedy recovery.

Hopefully, they have some actual "light duty" work which won't be too taxing till you feel better.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Had a friend that suffered with strange maladies for years...Gall bladder acted up, he had it removed (no big deal according to him), and now can eat all the things that used to bother him.
    I wish the same results for you!
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Somerset County)

One thing to note, it is still possible to get gallstones after having the gall bladder removed. So take it easy. Good luck in surgery. I hope that everything goes good.

Well best of luck to you in your surgery ... god know we will me you NOT posting (since you said you were going to stop) ... sorry just HAD to go there.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well best of luck to you in your surgery ... god know we will me you NOT posting (since you said you were going to stop) ... sorry just HAD to go there.
    Only you would know..............Do zombies eat gallbladders?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast