Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Ammo at Valley Forge gun show

I plan on going to the up coming valley forge gun show. What kind of prices and availibility should i expect for 9mm, .223/5.556 ammo or any for that matter? I ,naturally, would like to buy in large quantities haha. It seems gun shows tend to over charge for firearms. what about ammo?

Thanks
    Jim

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ammo at Valley Forge gun show

Well, in the past.....ammo at the bigger shows, when there are 2 or more ammo dealers, tend to have decent prices.

Nowadays, with everyone scrambling and panic buying, who knows.

I always did pretty good on purchases at shows.....know the going prices, I usually look at what some of the bigger internet ammo sellers are asking, then I deduct what shipping would be...and come up with a price range for what I am looking for. Most times, I can get some pretty good deals.

If you are buying in bulk or other large amount...make an offer (cash talks)! I always try to haggle, all they do is say no.

I'll be working, so I won't be able to make the VF show this time around....let us know how things go.

Good Luck!
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Cumberland County)

It's currently a seller's market.
    At the York show the other week, prices were "standard" retail. Expect to see more the same. However, you're not paying shipping on top of it, and the items are there to be purchased - which is something in itself.

Like 762 said - cash is king. Ben speaks loudly, but Grant can be pretty convincing too. Bring a few of each and try to get the guy to round down to the closest multiple of Grant.
    Last edited by daschnoz; February 28th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks fellas. Im looking to spend about $400-500. So hopefully ill save by spending more than usual. I bought what i could online but by the time i have some spare cash again those deals and stock will be gone. Plus no shipping charges...
    Ill let u know how i make out at the show
    Jim

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jimlc55 View Post
    I plan on going to the up coming valley forge gun show. What kind of prices and availibility should i expect for 9mm, .223/5.556 ammo or any for that matter? I ,naturally, would like to buy in large quantities haha. It seems gun shows tend to over charge for firearms. what about ammo?

Thanks
    Jim

Jim,

We hooked up with King's Shooter Supply at the last show and the owner gave us a few bullets to take home to try before we bought any. Generally, I'd recommend doing this or trying to buy a bag of 100 or something to see if your gun likes them...he gave us like 20 bullets and our 9s loved them. His prices at the show are the same when he's not at the show. We paid $69 plus tax for 1,000 9mm 115gr FMJ RN...they're pretty accurate, too.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Jim,

We hooked up with King's Shooter Supply at the last show and the owner gave us a few bullets to take home to try before we bought any. Generally, I'd recommend doing this or trying to buy a bag of 100 or something to see if your gun likes them...he gave us like 20 bullets and our 9s loved them. His prices at the show are the same when he's not at the show. We paid $69 plus tax for 1,000 9mm 115gr FMJ RN...they're pretty accurate, too.
    King's is a great stop! I went there to pick up a DPMS upper after searching for one for hours on the phone. Never heard of the place before hand. Great prices, great people, very knowledgable and informative. We got to talkin and They told me that i could bring in my brass and they would reload it for me. All i had to do was separate the brass. He told me they prices per round but i do not remember exactly what they were. So the plan is to buy a brass seperator, and go to town on my over-flowing 5 gallon bucket of brass... Im gonna give them a call before the show to see there rates of 115gr 9mm and .45acp. ..I wasnt aware they did FMJs i thought all they did was lead cast...That changes every thing!
    Thanks
    Jim

how does one get in touch with this kings????

(Lancaster County)

(Montgomery County)

King Shooters has always had the best prices around. Rodger never gouges anyone. The entire staff is knowledgeable and friendly. If he doesnt have it hell try to order it. Any reloading questions... they have answers. If you have a chance to stop by his shop he is right near valley forge, he constantly gets new stuff in too.
    Live Free or Die

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jimlc55 View Post
    King's is a great stop! I went there to pick up a DPMS upper after searching for one for hours on the phone. Never heard of the place before hand. Great prices, great people, very knowledgable and informative. We got to talkin and They told me that i could bring in my brass and they would reload it for me. All i had to do was separate the brass. He told me they prices per round but i do not remember exactly what they were. So the plan is to buy a brass seperator, and go to town on my over-flowing 5 gallon bucket of brass... Im gonna give them a call before the show to see there rates of 115gr 9mm and .45acp. ..I wasnt aware they did FMJs i thought all they did was lead cast...That changes every thing!
    Thanks
    Jim
    I think they were a little on the high side for reloading your brass if my memory serves me correct.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast