Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Unbiased Reporting By Allentown TV Station

A few months ago WFMZ channel 69 in Allentown started a series of reports on 2 clubs in Northampton County about stray shots that were hitting homes in the area. Stockertown Rod and Gun and Belfast Edelman Sportsman Ass'n were the targets of their probe. It started out with the following article dated 4 Sept 2015:
    http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...rtown/35092862

After a few intermediate follow ups it was reported that the Belfast Edelman Sportsman Ass'n was closed but the DA could not find any charges against the Stockertown Club. The final story dated 21 January 2016 is:
    http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...ation/37556260

The ironic thing is that the first story was about how neighbors near Stockertown were living in fear. The last story casually mentioned that the last complaints about that club happened in 2011.

I belong to Alburtis Rod & Gun which has been around since 1929 and folks who built houses right across the road 40 years later would love to put us out of business too.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Unbiased Reporting By Allentown TV Station

Then protect yourselves by adding height to your berms and if possible trees at property edge or baffles to attenuate noise. You could even look into NRA services to see if they can and will help you make your range safer.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Unbiased Reporting By Allentown TV Station

I agree OP that is good to see Channel 69 broadcasting that information.

And now I wonder which direction these neighbors lived in relation to the range? I looked at the firing line from Google Earth. There seems to be zero, zero, zero home down range. I see an Environmental Education Center but that might be a mile away.

Where are the complaints coming from? Can you give me an address so I can see it on Google Earth? Since they made public delarations there would be no right to privacy in the address. Just the St and Block would be enough for us to scope it out. {no pun intended}

Belfast & Edelman Gun Clum.jpg