Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default XDM 9mm Should i buy one?

Went shopping for another 9mm. Liked the Beretta Storm and really liked the XDM but i don't know anything about them. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: XDM 9mm Should i buy one?

I don't know I was never too fond of XD's never sat well in my hand. What other guns do you have? I liked the M&P's better.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by lastdogman View Post
    Went shopping for another 9mm. Liked the Beretta Storm and really liked the XDM but i don't know anything about them. Thanks for any help.
    No you should not buy one.....YOU should buy ME one

I was looking at the Beretta Storm the other day, too. Anyone got any info on it?
    After us, the deluge

(Lebanon County)

Wink Re: XDM 9mm Should i buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    I don't know I was never too fond of XD's never sat well in my hand. What other guns do you have? I liked the M&P's better.
    I have a Beretta 92fs and two Beretta Neos22. I also have DPMS AR-15. One of the reasons i liked the XDM was that it did feel good in my hand. I just figured i could get helpful info on how it shoots. And last but not least if i win the lottery I'll buy everyone an XDM.

(Franklin County)

I can chime in on the Beretta Storm.

I have this gun chambered in 9mm fashion. I bought it brand new and I absolutely love it. I feel it is a damn good gun for the price they go for.

Mine came equipped with 2 17rnd Mags, slide lock, backstraps and I upgraded it with Beretta's warranty. I have close to 2k rounds through mine or all sorts of ammo : Reloads, 115, 124, 147 FMJ's and JHP's and I have never had a single FTF or FTE and it's damn accurate for me.

I used to carry this as my OC until I just bought a subcompact 45. I have shot mine alot I wouldn't second guess it about being reliable. It's also super easy to strip/clean/reassemble. You could easily do it in a few seconds. (Strip It). It's also very ambidextrious friendly. The safety and mag release are easily accessed.

Mine has been holstered, cleaned frequently and it isn't showing any wear at all.

I'm not sure how close you are to my area. (17222) but anyone is welcome to come shoot it. The way it fits in the hand with the Medium backstrap fits me like a new pair of socks.

On The bottom:

Last edited by Smalls; August 30th, 2009 at 08:46 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    I can chime in on the Beretta Storm.

I have this gun chambered in 9mm fashion. I bought it brand new and I absolutely love it. I feel it is a damn good gun for the price they go for.

Mine came equipped with 2 17rnd Mags, slide lock, backstraps and I upgraded it with Beretta's warranty. I have close to 2k rounds through mine or all sorts of ammo : Reloads, 115, 124, 147 FMJ's and JHP's and I have never had a single FTF or FTE and it's damn accurate for me.

I used to carry this as my OC until I just bought a subcompact 45. I have shot mine alot I wouldn't second guess it about being reliable. It's also super easy to strip/clean/reassemble. You could easily do it in a few seconds. (Strip It). It's also very ambidextrious friendly. The safety and mag release are easily accessed.

Mine has been holstered, cleaned frequently and it isn't showing any wear at all.

I'm not sure how close you are to my area. (17222) but anyone is welcome to come shoot it. The way it fits in the hand with the Medium backstrap fits me like a new pair of socks.

On The bottom:

Thanks for the info. I am partial to Beretta.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by lastdogman View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am partial to Beretta.
    No Prob. When I bought it, I didn't really know what I wanted. I handled a ton of 9mm's.

I've never shot an XD. However, I did hold one. The difference for me was in the front of the grip. Where the XD"s "grippy assistors" are all verticle, this made where my fingers wrap around uncomfortable as where the Beretta is kind of all mixed around. If that makes sense

(Lancaster County)

The XDM is a well made reliable gun.... as are most of the current plastic pistols... I own one of the XD9 Subcompacts and have never had any problems with several thousand rounds fired. My boys love to shoot it because its so comfortable in the hand. Sight alignment is very natural... at least for me.

About the only thing negative I would say about it is that it is a bit harder to conceal because of its width. Its kind of a fat gun, although I don't think it is much wider than many other comparable pistols. I guess I am spoiled because I mostly conceal carry a Kahr PM9.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    No Prob. When I bought it, I didn't really know what I wanted. I handled a ton of 9mm's.

I've never shot an XD. However, I did hold one. The difference for me was in the front of the grip. Where the XD"s "grippy assistors" are all verticle, this made where my fingers wrap around uncomfortable as where the Beretta is kind of all mixed around. If that makes sense
    I understand what you mean. Thats the problem i have with Glocks. The XDM was the only 9mm other than the Beretta Storm that felt good in my hand. My Beretta 92fs is the same way and is a pleasure to shoot.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast