Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: no ammo

(Montgomery County)

Default no ammo

This is unreal, decided to go to the range today and went to Walmart and they have no popular ammos at all like 9mm, 40 or 45. Anyways, decided to go to the range and buy it from them and guess what they too have no more 9mm, 40 or 45. I've never seen this in over 10 years of shooting. Are people hoarding, are the manufacturers manipulating the market, is the war creating a shortage or what?? Anybody know?

(Lehigh County)

Unhappy Re: no ammo

The war has been going on quite awhile.....that's only stretched things. When Obama was elected, folks thought - rightly or wrongly - that it might be their last chance to buy a pistol or rifle....and with all the talk about new bullet taxes, microstamping of ammo, and a thousand other rumors, folks started buying quite a bit of ammunition, which played havoc with the supply chain. It will take a while for the manufacturers to catch up, both with ammo and components. The bad thing is, as it goes with oil, once a product has attained a price, it very rarely drops, so we'll all be paying more in the future.

Here's a scary, scary thought....what if the scare had to do with food instead of black rifles and ammo?

Default Re: no ammo

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy View Post
    This is unreal, decided to go to the range today and went to Walmart and they have no popular ammos at all like 9mm, 40 or 45. Anyways, decided to go to the range and buy it from them and guess what they too have no more 9mm, 40 or 45. I've never seen this in over 10 years of shooting. Are people hoarding, are the manufacturers manipulating the market, is the war creating a shortage or what?? Anybody know?
    I think this was caused by the Obama buying surge.

(Northampton County)

Dunkelburger's in Stroudsgurg has a great supply. Picked up 1000 rds of 9mm Speer Lawman for 11.99/bx today. They had plenty more 40, 45, 357sig, etc.

I've also been checking Walmarts - all empty!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Old Bill View Post
    The war has been going on quite awhile.....that's only stretched things. When Obama was elected, folks thought - rightly or wrongly - that it might be their last chance to buy a pistol or rifle....and with all the talk about new bullet taxes, microstamping of ammo, and a thousand other rumors, folks started buying quite a bit of ammunition, which played havoc with the supply chain. It will take a while for the manufacturers to catch up, both with ammo and components. The bad thing is, as it goes with oil, once a product has attained a price, it very rarely drops, so we'll all be paying more in the future.

Here's a scary, scary thought....what if the scare had to do with food instead of black rifles and ammo?
    With past history of Enron and oil, I would not be surprised at all if the gun industry fanned this rumor and created this demand panic.

I was limited to 4 boxes of 9mm today at a local gunshop. Since Saturday
    he sold over 4 cases. Last Sat. evening 14th Cabelasonly had a half dozen
    20rd boxes of premiun s/d ammo at $30 a box. No 9mm bullets in the reloading section either. Really scary.

(Lehigh County)

the next thing thats going to happen is 22 lr's are going to be 20.00 for a 50 rd. brick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalreps View Post
    Dunkelburger's in Stroudsgurg has a great supply. Picked up 1000 rds of 9mm Speer Lawman for 11.99/bx today. They had plenty more 40, 45, 357sig, etc.

I've also been checking Walmarts - all empty!
    Good price. I just 2k from a shop in ny for 12.99/bx. The guy is unreal, I swear he must have bought a couple hundred thousand rounds of ammo before Osama got elected because he's got anything you want. When Walmart sold out he turned into my go to guy. The web site is: ammo4guns.com. Here's the name and address. He may not be the cheapest, but prices are decent and he has about anything you want.

Collector Rifle & Ammo
    1025 Route 82
    Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
    (845) 227-4100
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

I was at Bass Pro today in HBG and I bought a new 44 mag. I couldn't even buy a box to go with it. The shelves were almost empty, no 40 or 9mm either. I couldn't believe it.

(Montgomery County)

This situation reminds me of a Chris Rock joke about gun control. Just make the bullets $1000 each. He pretends to be a gang banger and tells a person that he is going to shoot him but he will have to get a job first and save up. I still remembered when 9mm were less than $4 for 50. I was thinking about getting a AR but I just saw .223 at around $1 a round. I think I will take up golf.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast