Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default What if they pass a new AWB... LEO only marked guns/mags

What happens if they do pass a new AWB ban like the last one, after they did that they marked some guns and all "hi cap mags" with Law Enforcement Only, well what happens to the mags and gun that people were able to buy after the sunset of the first law? Will they come up with different markings or what? Ive been wondering this for a few weeks now.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

Default Re: What if they pass a new AWB... LEO only marked guns/mags

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    What happens if they do pass a new AWB ban like the last one, after they did that they marked some guns and all "hi cap mags" with Law Enforcement Only, well what happens to the mags and gun that people were able to buy after the sunset of the first law? Will they come up with different markings or what? Ive been wondering this for a few weeks now.
    I highly doubt they would come up with something new to acomadate those who have the old "law enforcement only" mags. I would almost guarentee that those mags that people have would be illegal by default because they dont have a date stamped on them and would make it easier for the government to help "clean up". I had several LE only mags that i sold with a gun to my buddy but he sold them off not long after. Unfortunately, those mags that are marked are as good as garbage as far as carrying them but that may be the case for all mags. we dont know yet. Dont throw hem out anyhow. Just put them some where will noone can find them

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    I highly doubt they would come up with something new to acomadate those who have the old "law enforcement only" mags. I would almost guarentee that those mags that people have would be illegal by default because they dont have a date stamped on them and would make it easier for the government to help "clean up". I had several LE only mags that i sold with a gun to my buddy but he sold them off not long after. Unfortunately, those mags that are marked are as good as garbage as far as carrying them but that may be the case for all mags. we dont know yet. Dont throw hem out anyhow. Just put them some where will noone can find them
    So i guess that would be the same with the guns? Like all those colt 6920's that are marked with LEO rollmark, or would you have to prove the date of purchase or manufacture? lol all this makes me glad i got the SP6920.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

All the mags I have bought recently have the month/yr they were manufactured on the mag body somewhere. Just like they were required (I guess) to put LE/military only on mags made during the 1994 ban, they could require manufacture date on all high caps so you could tell if it had been made since any new ban took effect.

I also have some old mags made during the 1994 ban years and at least some of them I know have a manufacturing date on them. Plus some mag designs were only made during certain years, for example certain generation Glock mags stamped LE/mil only in the 1990s could be easily identified as made then instead of now.

(Chester County)

So i guess that would be the same with the guns? Like all those colt 6920's that are marked with LEO rollmark, or would you have to prove the date of purchase or manufacture? lol all this makes me glad i got the SP6920.
    good question. the guns are marked with a serial number and can be traced to a production date. I dont know of any magazines that have a serial number ( just went and looked at a few of my high caps)that can be traced to a production date however so its not as simple
    Last edited by shortthrow50; December 21st, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    All the mags I have bought recently have the month/yr they were manufactured on the mag body somewhere. Just like they were required (I guess) to put LE/military only on mags made during the 1994 ban, they could require manufacture date on all high caps so you could tell if it had been made since any new ban took effect.

I also have some old mags made during the 1994 ban years and at least some of them I know have a manufacturing date on them. Plus some mag designs were only made during certain years, for example certain generation Glock mags stamped LE/mil only in the 1990s could be easily identified as made then instead of now.
    This post helps clarify better for i never took notice of dates on my old mags that i sold. thanks for clarifying

(Chester County)

The date a Colt 6920 was manufactured is not difficult to determine.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    The date a Colt 6920 was manufactured is not difficult to determine.
    true but they will continue to be manufactured regardless so it comes down to the serial number or if its marked "law enforcement" after the ban

(Chester County)

This post helps clarify better for i never took notice of dates on my old mags that i sold. thanks for clarifying
    I don't know about all of them but I had an H&K AR mag made during the ban that had a date on it as well as some Sig pistol mags marked LE/mil only that also had a date on them.

(Chester County)

true but they will continue to be manufactured regardless so it comes down to the serial number or if its marked "law enforcement" after the ban
    Colt is good about providing people with when a gun was manufactured based on the serial #. If I bought an LE6920 last month and they had a new AWB like the last one I wouldn't worry about having those marking on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast