Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The NRA vs. the Censorship ‘Mob’

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Not sure if, when or how it matters, but I recall the NRA told NY to f-off and moved to Texas. in any case, I'm overdue to renew. Can't decide on my free gift this time. Stuck between tactical backpack or camping lantern. Other options include a camo duffle bag or a survival knife.
    Years ago, I got my checks imprinted with the NRA logo. I do not believe that is even an option anymore even though they reside in Texas.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Years ago, I got my checks imprinted with the NRA logo. I do not believe that is even an option anymore even though they reside in Texas.
    It's important to note that the NRA is primarily responsible for making themselves irrelevant. I renewed my membership almost a month ago, yet received a letter in the mail yesterday telling me it was time to renew my membership. Efficient organizations with millions of members just don't do this. I should have gotten my membership card already. The NRA is a lazy, top heavy, and frankly stupid dinosaur of an organization in 2022/23. They essentially have no internet, social media, or news media footprint, they are not visible at all in defending high profile 2A cases, and Wayne LaPierre should not have gotten a single vote to remain in his position.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    It's important to note that the NRA is primarily responsible for making themselves irrelevant. I renewed my membership almost a month ago, yet received a letter in the mail yesterday telling me it was time to renew my membership. Efficient organizations with millions of members just don't do this. I should have gotten my membership card already. The NRA is a lazy, top heavy, and frankly stupid dinosaur of an organization in 2022/23. They essentially have no internet, social media, or news media footprint, they are not visible at all in defending high profile 2A cases, and Wayne LaPierre should not have gotten a single vote to remain in his position.
    When I renew, I renew for five years but they still try to con more money out of me with periodic renewal requests. The docs that they send even show that I have x years left on my current membership.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Like many other 501C3 corps, and many corporations in general, these days, the internal goal is to collect the most money possible. The true goal is to take whatever the market will bear and recompense, either legally or illegally, those who run the organization. Although those who support these organizations are doing so for the publicly stated goals of the organization, the internal goals of the organization are greed.

The capitalist system is important, but pursuing money (greed) is ONLY GOOD AFTER your morals are set correctly. When the morals are wrong, no amount of oversight or regulation will deter these organizations from lining the pockets of the upper echelon, FIRST & FOREMOST. The publicly stated goals are only pursued to the extent necessary to keep the fundraising rolling.

For many, these organizations are a Magic Show. Slight-of-hand is the MO. While lauding the public goal, but undermining the potential for success, in order to maximize the scam of the supporters, they seek self-aggrandizement over the benefit they could be toward the publicly stated goal.

Legalized Lying and Hiding The Truth has become commonplace.

It's very difficult to find any organizations who are open & honest, and work toward the stated goals, that one might feel good about supporting.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Like many other 501C3 corps, and many corporations in general, these days, the internal goal is to collect the most money possible. The true goal is to take whatever the market will bear and recompense, either legally or illegally, those who run the organization. Although those who support these organizations are doing so for the publicly stated goals of the organization, the internal goals of the organization are greed.

The capitalist system is important, but pursuing money (greed) is ONLY GOOD AFTER your morals are set correctly. When the morals are wrong, no amount of oversight or regulation will deter these organizations from lining the pockets of the upper echelon, FIRST & FOREMOST. The publicly stated goals are only pursued to the extent necessary to keep the fundraising rolling.

For many, these organizations are a Magic Show. Slight-of-hand is the MO. While lauding the public goal, but undermining the potential for success, in order to maximize the scam of the supporters, they seek self-aggrandizement over the benefit they could be toward the publicly stated goal.

Legalized Lying and Hiding The Truth has become commonplace.

It's very difficult to find any organizations who are open & honest, and work toward the stated goals, that one might feel good about supporting.

I have heard the GOA mentioned several times in reporting about 2A cases, and so far I don't have any doubts about their transparency, their sincerity, and their goals and agenda. Full disclosure, I am currently a member of the GOA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12