Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LaRue Tactical LT-110 EoTech 512 mount (with pics)

So I was getting annoyed that the front sight on my AR was getting in the way of the EoTech rectile in a big way. I had heard great things about the LaRue mount for the 512 that jacks it up enough to clear the front sight post. I order it, (got my Dillio Dust and tactical beverage entry tool too!) install and am a little confused.
    The mount itself:

because of the lever and position of the notches on the lower portion the EoTech 512 needs to be mounted at the most forward site which leaves a bit of empty space between the rear of the sight and the raised rail, ok, no problem I need some space to get to the controls anyway. So I throw that bad boy on with my 3x magnifier on an FTS mount behind it right up against the rear BUIS. Turns out the thing sits so far forward i have to remove a grip pannel on the top rail. It leaves some space between the bottom of the sight and the handguard so heat isn't a great concern, but still it looks wrong. Then I think, well maybe I can put the magnifier up on the extra piece of rail like they say you can do with a PVS-14. OK, so that looks a little better, but now the rectile isn't centered in the magnifier and cuts out if you look down it straight on. I'm thinking of scrapping the whole idea and buying a gas block with a flip up front sight...ideas?

This is the first configuration I tried:

This is the second configuration which messes up the magnified rectile:

This is the raised optic, a sight picture I like:

and here is the messed up magnified rectile:

Perhaps this:http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/MI-Mi...p/mi%20fst.htm as an alternative?
    Last edited by emsjeep; May 6th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Chester County)

Default Re: LaRue Tactical LT-110 EoTech 512 mount (with pics)

What was the problem with the first configuration exactly? Try posting this on AR15.com, someone there might be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMoose View Post
    What was the problem with the first configuration exactly? Try posting this on AR15.com, someone there might be able to help you out.
    Yeah I'll go over there if I have to. It pushes everything too far forward. I don't like the heat transfer issue even though there is some circulation space there.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Washington County)

I think I might see another problem with that set up. I have a similar set up on my AR EoTec with side flip 3x mag. Do you not lose complete use of your Iron sights with the EoTec raised up like that.

Also if the front sight post is the problem why don't you just scrap the A2 Front sight post for a gas block and flip up front sight. that way it is our of the way and you still have the Iron sight option. if you do that you could bring the EoTec back down on to the gun

(Chester County)

I can't seem to find a long riser that is lower than 1/2" rise. YHM makes them, and that might be the answer, but it'd move your iron sights to lower 1/4 co-witness from 1/3. YMMV.

Can you move the eotech any further up and put the magnifier on the same level of the larue riser?

(Philadelphia County)

This is from LaRue's site.
    http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...pluseotech.jpg

The riser is set up to mount both EoTech and Magnifier on it, and your factory mount on the magnifier stands a bit higher than the LaRue mount.

I believe you problem is that you need to get the LaRue mount for your Magnifier for them to properly align.. My thoughts.
    Last edited by RONNIE77; May 10th, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Montgomery County)

I have this YHM mount for my Eotech 512:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Searc...x=0&Search.y=0

It would solve at least part of your problem by allowing the eotech to sit at least 1.5" further back on the rail and much closer to your magnifier, like it should be.