Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Closing Argument from High Noon Holsters Review

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._argument.html
    FULL size pics in google photo albumhttp://picasaweb.google.com/smith.st...singArgument02

I purchased this holster back about 6 months ago, and have been wanting to write a good review for all of you, but wanted to wear it long enough so that the review wouldn't be just "This is an excellent holster".

I work for a large company - A company that does not allow its employees to carry weapons of any kind at work. With that said I obviously needed a holster that could conceal perfectly whether I was wearing a tucked or untucked shirt. After alot of research and looking at holster manufacturers I finally decided to go with High Noon Holsters Closing Argument Model in Horsehide.

First impressions
    Its a very well made holster, very stiff, the mouth of the holster stays open for ease of reholstering even with the belt tightened an extra notch. The fit of the holster for my pistol, the Glock model 38 (45 GAP) was remarkable. The cocking serations were already molded into the holster as well as the slide release/stop, and the take down levers. The black metal clip is solid matte so there is little if any shine and very strong.

[IMG]http://lh5.google.com/smith.steve3/R-b_RdgVByI/AAAAAAAAADE/afHcLqcVP0A/s144/IMG_1734.jpg[/IMG

Comfort
    if you wear a proper gun belt or double thickness belt with properly sized pants and belt for in the waist band carry you forget its there. I carry my gun at between 3 and 4 o'clock and it is on me for 12 hours a day. I never feel uncomfortable with it on and the holster does not move.

Concealability
    this can be a challenge because certain body types will conceal differently than others. i am currently a "Mesomorph" body type or fat ass, which ever you prefer to use. I can wear this holster with tucked in shirt and all that shows is the metal belt clip which blends in well with my black leather belt. For added concealment I place my cell phone leather case in a position as to conceal the metal clip and no one is the wiser. Unlike other tuckables this rig allows close to 4" of shirt tucked between the stiff leather strap the belt clip is attached to and the holster. The shirt is held in place and doesnt pull out, proper blousing and again I say and as I will show in the pics nothing is there. The holster has a 15 degree FBI cant and holds the gun very close to the body.

Experience
    I have been carrying concealed on a daily basis for 5 months at work now. I spend approximately 45 hours a week at work so thats 900 hours in all manner of dress from business, business casual, to very casual attire, and no one has noticed or given me a second look. I have worn literally every possible style of clothing - Dress shirts tucked and untucked, polo shirts tucked and untucked, T shirts tucked and untucked, sweaters, sweatshirts, and pro sports jerseys and all have concealed perfectly. Jeans, Khakis, etc... matters very little, the gun just dissapears from sight.

Draw and Reholstering
    A concealed holster is of little use if it hides perfectly but is impossible to draw quickly, safely, and cleanly. After a dozen range sessions wherein I drew from both tucked and untucked shirts, I found that it was as easy to draw from as my fobus but had the benefit of the holster staying locked into position. The draw is quick and smooth with no snags. The draw starts out stiff and then eases towards the end of the stroke. The design of the holster puts you in the natural shooting grip of a pistol, with your trigger finger on the frame above the trigger guard. Reholstering is the best I have ever used in an IWB holster the mouth stays open, and ready, to hug the gun tightly. There is no metal liner to this they use stiffeners and synthetic materials to keep the mouth stiff. This holster will simply not collapse.

Conclusion
    This is the holster that everyone who is looking for an excellent versatile concealment rig should look into. high noon does have about 5 - 6 months between ordering and shipping, but it is well worth the wait. It can be had for 95 bucks in cowhide, or 130 for horsehide. The only maintenance I have had to do is just the initial adjustment of the tension screw. Overall I am so impressed I have stopped looking and trying other concealed IWB holsters, I have found the "one" and thats my closing argument.
    Last edited by pitt45GAP; March 23rd, 2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: ADDED PICS
    Voluntary transactions are the only moral kind.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Closing Argument from High Noon Holsters Review

Hey, pitt45GAP, any pictures yet? I'm curious to see this holster in action.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Closing Argument from High Noon Holsters Review

Pics ADDED
    Voluntary transactions are the only moral kind.

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: Closing Argument from High Noon Holsters Review

Thanks for that review. I've been looking for an IWB that was "tuckable" and comfortable. I've been to their website but was hesitating due to the price tag. Hesitation over, order is on the way.