Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Ron Paul launches PA website

It seems Ron Paul is still going for the White House.

Thanks to Scott Davis, we have a new website dedicated to Pennsylvania! Go to www.RonPaulPA.com. There is a Q&A section – feel free to submit additional Qs. The calendar will list all of the Ron Paul events statewide. If you’re having a fundraiser, let Scott know to add it. Check it often. It has lots of great information and will be updated almost daily.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Ron Paul launches PA website

Too little, too late???

(Susquehanna County)

I though he had withdrawen from the race. Either your out or your in

(Allegheny County)

While Ron Paul has basically zero chance of winning unless some miracle occurs, I still plan to vote for him in the primary, just as a protest vote. Since McCain has already seized the Republican nomination, there's no issue of voting for an electable candidate who is the "lesser of evils". Basically, the choice is between (1) voting that you're happy with McCain, or (2) voting that you don't like McCain's positions and would prefer someone else (e.g, Ron Paul) to be President.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by awkx View Post
    While Ron Paul has basically zero chance of winning unless some miracle occurs, I still plan to vote for him in the primary, just as a protest vote. Since McCain has already seized the Republican nomination, there's no issue of voting for an electable candidate who is the "lesser of evils". Basically, the choice is between (1) voting that you're happy with McCain, or (2) voting that you don't like McCain's positions and would prefer someone else (e.g, Ron Paul) to be President.

What he said ....

(Allegheny County)

I am voting Paul in the primary, I would not pass up the chance to vote for him. If he wins only one state, let it be PA ! If he gets only one vote, it will be mine.

Dont get me wrong (or flame me), I like Johnny boy, liked him for a long time, would have voted for him four years ago if he would have got the nod. Dont think we would be where we are now if we could have put him in then. But hes no Paul.

If Guilliani or Romney would have got the nomination I would have gone third party.

(Allegheny County)

He never withdrew. After the media black out of Ron Paul, they straight up lied and said that he withdrew. He's staying in it until the convention, keeping the pledge he made to his supporters.

He stands a great chance of winning PA. Not necessarily by popular vote, but by delegate count. In PA, delegates get directly elected to the national convention in the primary election. Delegates from PA can vote for whomever they want at the convention. If I get elected, I'm voting for Ron Paul all the way!!! So if you support Ron Paul be sure to also vote for his supportive delegates! (listed here by congressional district: http://www.ronpaulpa.com/)

And do not be deceived by the media. McCain DOES NOT have the Republican nomination yet. It will not be settled until the convention. Many of his delegates are projections based on the popular vote... most of these states haven't even elected their delegates yet.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by addicted2freedom View Post
    In PA, delegates get directly elected to the national convention in the primary election. Delegates from PA can vote for whomever they want at the convention.
    What ever happened to will of the people? So if the popular vote shows that Mr. Paul wins the delegates, they all can still vote for Romney?

What is the pupose of voting then? This just means the local party elite are doing what they want anyway and disregarding the rank and file membership voters.

IMHO, delegates should be required by law to vote based on the results of the popular vote election per each congressional district plus winner take both "senate" votes. Very similar to the Electoral College system.

Your statement just tells me to stay home and not vote.

"Your statement just tells me to stay home and not vote."

There's a WHOLE lot of that feeling going around! Plus, the way the media edits and plays things for public consumption, instead of just reporting goes along way towards influencing the voters and consequently the election.

(Allegheny County)

If you only watch the evening news/read the newspaper, you would think that there are only TWO choices to vote for... Obama or Clinton.

I'd be willing to bet that there's a very high percentage of sheep that truly believe that those are the only two people running in the next presidential election even though the presidential candidates have yet to be determined.

I've not seen much mention of McCain recently, and absolutely ZERO indication that Ron Paul ever existed.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast