Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Legal ages + licenses.

I'm 19, I live in Hanover, PA.

I also go to college 3 days a week in Harrisburg, PA, and soon will be working up there, so I often go through the "ghettos".

I drive an 01 Ford Focus with over 60,000$ of work put into it and it's noticeable, and my apartment in Hanover is also in the "ghetto", and it's well known that I have a 73" widescreen TV, nice sound system, with my custom built computers that I have from my little self run computer business. I often don't feel safe. I would like to keep a pistol in my house and move it to my car when I'm driving, but keep it in a custom built lock box underneath my seat, and a custom built lock box in my apartment. I'm wondering, what licenses are needed, and how old must one be to attain them?

Default Re: Legal ages + licenses.

ignoring the obvious b*llshit in that post, you have to be 21 to get a LTCF in PA which is needed to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle.

(Indiana County)

You have to be 18 or older to own a handgun, but you can't legally purchase one until you're 21. A parent or grandparent can give you one as a gift, however - no paperwork is required.

To openly carry or have in your home, no license is required. To carry concealed, or accessible in a car, a license is required, and you have to be age 21 or older to get one.

Recommend you go to the various links found on this website and study up on Pennsylvania firearms laws.

(York County)

Thank you Statkowski.

XD45. In Harrisburg, there is a car show team called the "wrteam". They fix up cars and enter them in professional car shows. Most of the cars have at least 100,000$ in them, at least. Peter Colello, one of the members who owned the Focus and has a 02 Celica GT, was selling the Focus for 18,000$. I obviously bought it because of everything that it had done to it. I'm still paying back the loan, but it was worth it. I also have been building computers since I was very young, fixing them, and have my A++ Certification, C++ Certification, HTML Certification, PHP Certification, Visual Basic Certification, and JavaScript Certification for computers. I have a business license and I don't sell anything, I just help people fix their computers, so I don't need to file any taxes, pretty much under the table pay. My parents bought me the TV as a "moving out" present when I left the house.

I can post pics if wanted. Anyways...thanks Statkowski.

(Chester County)

Angry Re: Legal ages + licenses.

WHO CARES THIS IS A GUN BOARD !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CJR55 View Post
    WHO CARES THIS IS A GUN BOARD !
    LMAO....enough said..

(Jefferson County)

no need to get hostile guys...

He came here with a legitimate question, and he got a legit answer. We all have possessions that we value, his happens to be his vehicle and contents.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

Hostility aside, from a tactical standpoint the OP's stance is somewhat untenable. The National Ad Council has had a slogan for many years: It Pays to Advertise. If you move into a questionable neighborhood (OP: ghetto) and it is is well known that your seventy-three inch television is in the house where your sixty thousand dollar car is parked in front it might appear to a casual observer that you are asking for some trouble. He is too young to obtain a LTCF and will be for a year or two. A prudent man does not flash status symbols in front of those who steal those things, let alone store them in their neighborhood. And it is their neighborhood, not his. It would make sense for him to store the auto in another, safe location. It is obvious that he can afford it. But prudence is not on his mind since he admits to evading the IRS by working "under the table" in a public internet forum.

His questions have been answered correctly. He can own a firearm at eighteen if it is a gift from a parent or grandparent and he cannot carry concealed until he is twenty one. That includes having the gun in the cockpit of his car. He can legally carry openly.

BTW, when they break in to steal the television they will probably take the firearm(s), too.
    Last edited by TRB; November 4th, 2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: clarity
    Never underestimate the value of early training.

(Chester County)

Question... What 19 year old kid has $60K plus invested in a car and a 73" widescreen TV? Try being a bit lower profile until your out of the "ghetto".
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by the animal View Post
    I'm 19, I live in Hanover, PA.

I also go to college 3 days a week in Harrisburg, PA, and soon will be working up there, so I often go through the "ghettos".

I drive an 01 Ford Focus with over 60,000$ of work put into it and it's noticeable, and my apartment in Hanover is also in the "ghetto", and it's well known that I have a 73" widescreen TV, nice sound system, with my custom built computers that I have from my little self run computer business. I often don't feel safe. I would like to keep a pistol in my house and move it to my car when I'm driving, but keep it in a custom built lock box underneath my seat, and a custom built lock box in my apartment. I'm wondering, what licenses are needed, and how old must one be to attain them?
    Your question was legitimate.

Problem, this is an internet forum. The whole world sees everything on it. If you want to keep something secret, do not put it out there for the world to see. Now all the BG's in Hanover know what the teenager in his $60,000 Ford has in his home. AND HE's UNARMED.

BE CAREFUL!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast