Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default PA State Police Abuse of Power

Lets try not to get out of hand on this thread... please. Keep it only to this case....please!
    Things like this is why people fear one particular government agency consolidating power. PSP at some point abused Schlier Towing by removing them from a recommended towing list over a previous dispute. Rather than place the original dispute in the hands of our court system to resolve the issue the PSP dictated what was to be done. Sure, its debatable whether or not it it was done maliciously or vindictivey....jurors apparently thought so. At the very least, we have to realise that among other things state agencies can affect our income and families lives wether maliciously or just plain incompetence. http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...0325/-1/NEWS02
    Last edited by Archiver; March 31st, 2008 at 01:52 PM.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

Default Re: PA State Police Abuse of Power

I saw this on the web last week. Schlier’s is a big outfit. I use to get work done there from time to time. I don’t know all the details, but did they have to prove that the PSP acted in a vindictive manner? I wonder what the procedure is for getting on/off the PSP referral list. I assume the issue was the manner in which he was removed. Anyway
    Chaching Chaching for Jim $$$$$
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

This is one of those WHAT IT IS, IT IS kinds things.

I have been here all my life and I remember the days of the wrecker wars between Schliers,Thruway Towing and K&L motors to name the big dogs at the time. I also remember when Shlier slowly and methodicly bought out ALL the competition (VERY good business decision) and then felt he was the BIG DOG therefore he could set,rates,demands,etc etc.

The PSP ofcourse didn't care for that and neither did several smaller agencies. In reality the war still goes on today just with different players. The PSP basicly tried to lay a slap down on Schlier by SHOWING him he did not controll things the way he thought he did.

A jury found them in the wrong and sent Schlier a retirement check that he may or may NOT ever see.

Was it the RIGHT decision on the part of the jurers? We could debate that all day. Did they follow the letter of the law? YUP they sure did!

The above ofcourse is just my opinion of how I see it and I am one of those people that think child molesters should be castrated and then linched. Am I right? I think so! BUT guess what, I bet a jury would find me in the wrong and send me to jail for it!

That is how I see the case between Schliers and the PSP. I think PSP did the right thing by putting him in his place even tho it obviously was NOT the legal thing to do.

JMHO,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    That is how I see the case between Schliers and the PSP. I think PSP did the right thing by putting him in his place even tho it obviously was NOT the legal thing to do.

Well then there you have it. It was abuse of power assuming the PSP had no legal right to act in the manner they did. If they had such a problem with Schlier's they should have taken a legal approach. They ended up in court anyway except now we all get to pay for it.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Well then there you have it. It was abuse of power assuming the PSP had no legal right to act in the manner they did. If they had such a problem with Schlier's they should have taken a legal approach. They ended up in court anyway except now we all get to pay for it.
    We will all definately get to pay for it, I gotta agree with that!

Rich W.