Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bacon Akbar?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Bacon Akbar?

New Controversial First-of-Its-Kind Ammo Claims to Offer ‘Peaceful and Natural Deterrent to Radical Islam’
    Jun. 14, 2013 9:03pm Jason Howerton

New “Jihawg” ammunition claims to offer gun owners a “peaceful and natural deterrent” to the growing threat of radical Islam.

How? By putting pork in its ammo to make it “unclean” for radical Islamists.

“Jihadists fear being defiled by pork, especially during Jihad,” the company’s website says. “Jihawg ammunition is Haraam or unclean to the Jihadist. So when you hear the radical battle cry- “allahu akbar!” It’s time to put some ham in MoHAMed.”

The company also says it’s ammo is “made in the U.S.A. for your protection against hate.”

Attempts to contact the company were unsuccessful, however, the product appears to be more of a gag gift.

While some seem to like the concept, the controversial ammo has been met with some criticism, even among the firearms community.

TheFirearmBlog.com writes:

Apart from this pork-paint being absolutely useless, it also raises legal questions. If you defend yourself with a pistol, the last thing you need or want is a prosecutor holding up a pork covered bullet in court and telling the jury that the person shot was a Muslim…

If you want to defend yourself, buy the most effective ammunition possible. Don’t buy crap covered in pork. As a community, we are better than this.

Steve Johnson, editor-in-chief of the Firearm Blog, told TheBlaze that a product like the “Jihawg” ammo “only serves to reinforce the negative stereotypes of gun owners that are so popular with the mainstream media and the anti-gun crowd.”

So, pork ammo anyone? Personally I think its stupid, but hey, ammo's scarce. I'd get it if its all that was on hand in my caliber.

Default Re: Bacon Akbar?

The company also says it’s ammo is “made in the U.S.A. for your protection against hate.”
    wow talk about an ironic quote.

(Northampton County)

I think it's hilarious but also overpriced for reloaded brass with fmj rounds.
    New brass with jhp and I'd give it a shot testing it for carry.

(Philadelphia County)

I was kinda wondering if it smells like bacon when you heat up the barrel. Think about a gun range that smells like bacon cooking. I might never leave!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kchristy View Post
    I was kinda wondering if it smells like bacon when you heat up the barrel. Think about a gun range that smells like bacon cooking. I might never leave!
    People have wrapped bacon around the barrel.

(Allegheny County)

Wonder how they taste?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

I think I like chocolate ammo better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBFFZOVJz1I

(Dauphin County)

Why the crap not! This IS America after all.... Or at least I thought it was.

(Susquehanna County)

Anybody remember the Sepoy Mutiny against he Brits in India?

Ammunition for the new Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle.[19] These rifles, which fired Minié balls, had a tighter fit than the earlier muskets, and used paper cartridges that came pre-greased. To load the rifle, sepoys had to bite the cartridge open to release the powder. The grease used on these cartridges included tallow derived from beef; which would be offensive to Hindus, or lard derived from pork; which would be offensive to Muslims.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Anybody remember the Sepoy Mutiny against he Brits in India?

Ammunition for the new Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle.[19] These rifles, which fired Minié balls, had a tighter fit than the earlier muskets, and used paper cartridges that came pre-greased. To load the rifle, sepoys had to bite the cartridge open to release the powder. The grease used on these cartridges included tallow derived from beef; which would be offensive to Hindus, or lard derived from pork; which would be offensive to Muslims.
    and Jews... and any Christians that follow the old testament still.

It's a wonder some people are such sticklers. They never had bacon.