Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default My gun ownership/carry debate at Disney World....

As many of you know my family and I just returned from Disney today. It was a great time. My daughter decided she wanted to go through the haunted house with the rest of us. While we were waiting in line for our turn a nice couple from Australia struck up a conversation with us. After about 10 minutes of small talk:

AM - (to my daughter Riley) Are you excited about going in the haunted house?
    Riley - Yes
    AW - (to me) Don't you think this ride is a little too much for such a young lady?
    Me - She [Riley] says she knows the ghosts aren't real...
    Riley - (before I could finish my statement) I'm not scared, my daddy has guns and he will shoot them!!!!!!
    AW - YOU HAVE GUNS?!?!?!? What about your children???
    Me - Well not on me, that would be against park rules. It would suck spending all this money to come down here and get thrown out for being prepared to defend myself...
    Wife - Oh god, not this shit again....
    AM - (to his wife) It's not like they can keep them in their homes or anything...
    Me - Ummm, yeah we can keep them in our homes and we can even carry in public too.
    AM - What??? Are you a police officer?
    Me - I'm an American. Here in the US we can get a License to Carry, which allows us to carry in public. Each state has it's own specific laws concerning carrying a firearm and this line is no where near long enough for me to explain too many details...
    AW - (to my wife) You allow guns in your home????
    Wife - (pointing to me) Does he look like he would listen anyway??? Besides, I carry as well.
    AW - OMG... Where we come from, only the criminals and police have guns... I can't imagine even shooting a gun....
    Wife - Truth is, I hate guns. I hate the thought of some pervert or gang member hurting my kids even more.... Look, we can talk all you want but, if I wanted to hear people talking about guns, we could have just stayed home....
    AM - One of the great things about my country is that we can walk the streets all day long and not have to worry if the people next to us at the market are armed....
    Me - One of the great things about my country is, we can walk the streets day OR night knowing I am armed just as well if not better than the bad guys.

We talked for a few more minutes (guns weren't mentioned again) before it was our turn to go on the ride. We ran into them a few more times that day but they didn't seem to be willing to talk anymore....

Note:
    AM = Aussie Man
    AW = Aussie Woman
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Default Re: My gun ownership/carry debate at Disney World....

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    AW - OMG... Where we come from, only the criminals and police have guns...

<SNIP>

AM - One of the great things about my country is that we can walk the streets all day long and not have to worry if the people next to us at the market are armed....
    Those two statements of his are contradictory

(Delaware County)

You don't need a license to carry a gun in public

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    You don't need a license to carry a gun in public
    You can be carrying concealed and still carry in public, so in PA you would, of course, need a license to do that

(Allegheny County)

Come on, she didn't really say that did she? And it never occurred to her that the very fact that Australian criminals still have guns proves that their laws against gun ownership are meaningless?

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I belong to a forum full of non americans ( alot of UK and other europeans, and some aussies) and of course they don't understand the "USA gun thing", but at least I have some fellow US citizens there and we talk about concealed carry and guns in general and piss off the euros and aussies LOL.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Come on, she didn't really say that did she? And it never occurred to her that the very fact that Australian criminals still have guns proves that their laws against gun ownership are meaningless?
    She said it..... every word of it.

I guess some people just don't understand or apply logic themselves.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

often the two sets intersect and the subset formed by said intersection can be quite large. anyone want a venn diagram?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    maybe she thinks it's ok for criminals to carry guns, otherwise, how would they be able to perform their jobs?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

As many of you know my family and I just returned from Disney today. It was a great time. My daughter decided she wanted to go through the haunted house with the rest of us. While we were waiting in line for our turn a nice couple from Australia struck up a conversation with us. After about 10 minutes of small talk:

AM - (to my daughter Riley) Are you excited about going in the haunted house?
    Riley - Yes
    AW - (to me) Don't you think this ride is a little too much for such a young lady?
    Me - She [Riley] says she knows the ghosts aren't real...
    Riley - (before I could finish my statement) I'm not scared, my daddy has guns and he will shoot them!!!!!!
    AW - YOU HAVE GUNS?!?!?!? What about your children???
    Me - Well not on me, that would be against park rules. It would suck spending all this money to come down here and get thrown out for being prepared to defend myself...

Wife - Oh god, not this shit again....
    AM - (to his wife) It's not like they can keep them in their homes or anything...
    Me - Ummm, yeah we can keep them in our homes and we can even carry in public too.
    AM - What??? Are you a police officer?
    Me - I'm an American. Here in the US we can get a License to Carry, which allows us to carry in public. Each state has it's own specific laws concerning carrying a firearm and this line is no where near long enough for me to explain too many details...
    AW - (to my wife) You allow guns in your home????
    Wife - (pointing to me) Does he look like he would listen anyway??? Besides, I carry as well.
    AW - OMG... Where we come from, only the criminals and police have guns... I can't imagine even shooting a gun....
    Wife - Truth is, I hate guns. I hate the thought of some pervert or gang member hurting my kids even more.... Look, we can talk all you want but, if I wanted to hear people talking about guns, we could have just stayed home....
    Me - One of the great things about my country is, we can walk the streets day OR night knowing I am armed just as well if not better than the bad guys.

We talked for a few more minutes (guns weren't mentioned again) before it was our turn to go on the ride. We ran into them a few more times that day but they didn't seem to be willing to talk anymore....

Note:
    AM = Aussie Man
    AW = Aussie Woman

ROFLMAO!!! I've seen that face before.

Rep your wife for me!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast