Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: What should I buy in January?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inexpensive AR style carbine

30 41.67%
  • AK

18 25.00%
  • High cap pisol (XD / M&P / Glock)

9 12.50%
  • Deep concealment pistol (Kahr CW, Sub compact)

2 2.78%
  • Home defense shotgun, short barrel / high cap

1 1.39%
  • Other "Assualt Rifle" (CETME, Pistol Carbine... etc)

4 5.56%
  • Fun .22 (GSG5, 10/22)

1 1.39%
  • Save the money

7 9.72%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default What should I get?

I'm getting a bonus at the end of January and I'm looking to put it into a new firearm... but I'm a little torn on what I should put the money towards. As I'm sure the AWB will be back I'm definately looking at something that will be slapped by it.

Please vote in the poll and let me know what you guys think
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Default Re: What should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm getting a bonus at the end of January and I'm looking to put it into a new firearm... but I'm a little torn on what I should put the money towards. As I'm sure the AWB will be back I'm definately looking at something that will be slapped by it.

Please vote in the poll and let me know what you guys think
    <-- Sees no poll?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    <-- Sees no poll?
    first post always posts while the poll is being made by the OP.

(Luzerne County)

Thats a hard one. It depends on what you already have, and how soon the ban goes into affect.

If you get an Ar and they put a tax on bullets into place will you be able to shoot the AR?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Dauphin County)

I'd get the AK. That being said I'm in the same "dilemma" and am looking for a Kel-Tec 9mm Glock Carbine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    I'd get the AK. That being said I'm in the same "dilemma" and am looking for a Kel-Tec 9mm Glock Carbine.
    I want one too

(Perry County)

Personally, I'd go the AK route and pick up as much ammo as you can for it and all your guns. Minimum 1,000 rounds per gun.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

(Monroe County)

here is a quick rundown of some items I may or may not have...

Yugo SKS 59 w/ folding stock
    Yugo 48? (8mm Mauser)
    BPS (Browning pump shotgun)
    Ruger M77 (30.06 hunting rifle)
    Marlin .22 bolt action

Pistols:
    RIA 1911 Officers (my carry piece)
    Kahr CW9 (wife's carry)
    Bersa .380 (Wife's night stand gun)

I'm leaning towards the AK for inexpensive bang for the buck but I don't know whats going to happen to ammo once the added taxes hit. I'm sure imported ammo will get hit first...

an AR has the benefit of using a known hunting round (.223) so it will probably avoid the Assault Weapon ammo flag, but its already expensive and the rifle itself will use my whole bonus leaving no room for ammo purchase or extra mags / add ons

The hi-cap pistol has the advantage of being something I can carry for full time defense but its lacking severely in the event that something happens where i need more firepower or ranged accuracy.

The conceal weapon will be great for carrying, but if CCW is banned nationally then its just a low-cap home defense weapon which I already have

The shotgun is my last choice as I already have one (BPS) and can get a shorter barrel for it and remove the plug giving me 4 rounds of "you aren't welcome", can also throw a slug barrel on it and use it for hunting when PA goes shotgun only

The .22 is a real consideration for me, .22 ammo is cheap and I have a 2 1/2 year old so he would be able to have a lot of fun with a semi-auto .22 long before he'd be able to shoot a real (expensive) round... but its shit for defense

The "other" rifles and pistol carbines are an option but fall into the "fun but worth it?" question. Expensive ammo (which i'm sure will be taxed heavily) and no real gain over the less expensive AK which will do the job just as well.

I'm torn... I'm really considering splurging and getting an AK and a pistol but I don't know if that is going to be possible at this time... depends on the price of AK's when the time comes and how much my bonus is.

was also thinking about charging one or both now and then paying them off... but without knowing my bonus amount I'm really not to excited about that option
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

What do you already own, and what do you want to do with it?

I'd say a Glock, or a Ruger Mk 3 (fun .22).

(Dauphin County)

Get the AK. You can share ammo with the SKS.

And about this tax on ammo...guys if it comes to that 500% tax I think it is time we....oh nevermind.

Another thought would be a nice 10/22 then spend the extra cash on good mags and ammo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast