Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LTCF/Synder county

I am new to synder county and moved back to PA in the last 2 weeks. I have been reading about how fast ppl are recieving their LTCF's..Anyone know if Synder is like that? Thanks in advance.

(Snyder County)

Default Re: LTCF/Synder county

Quote Originally Posted by Karma8541 View Post
    I am new to synder county and moved back to PA in the last 2 weeks. I have been reading about how fast ppl are recieving their LTCF's..Anyone know if Synder is like that? Thanks in advance.
    No, snyder is not like that. In Snyder county, you need to fill out the LTCF application and send it in or drop it off. The sheriff will then contact your references and ask them to send a letter back to him affirming that they believe you are of good character to have a license. So it takes as long as your references take to get the letter returned.

When my wife applied, she asked the people to be references even before applying. And then reminded them again after she applied that they would be receiving a letter from the sheriff and asked them to be swift at sending them back. In all, I think it took her about 2 weeks for everything to come through.

Thanks for the info, Now i just gotta find some refs in this county lolol..Do they perfer in this county or can i have others outside of the said county? All my friends live in Columbia,Monroe,Carbon counties..

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karma8541 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Now i just gotta find some refs in this county lolol..Do they perfer in this county or can i have others outside of the said county? All my friends live in Columbia,Monroe,Carbon counties..
    They do not have to be in Snyder County. One of my wife's was in Snyder County. The other was not. She had no issues.

Also, there is no legal standing for the sheriff to require the references to be from the same county and any sheriff that does is not abiding by PA law.

FWIW, from my experiences with Sheriff Reigle, he is a very stand up guy that does things by the book. I have only dealt with him on a couple occasions, but in those instances, he was very helpful, knowledgeable about firearm laws, and accommodating.

He also has a pretty good website:
    http://www.snydercounty.org/snyder/c...yderNav=|7357|

and a writeup about LTCFs:
    http://www.snydercounty.org/snyder/c...yderNav=|7357|

and if you have any specific questions, I have emailed Sheriff Reigle before at sheriff@snydercounty.org

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info greatly appericated...