Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Obama Says National Guard Might Be Sent To US-Mexican Border

Obama Says National Guard Might Be Sent To US-Mexican Border

President Obama said he would consider deploying National Guard troops to control violence along the US-Mexico border during an interview Wednesday.

McClatchy reports that the president said, "We're going to examine whether and if National Guard deployments would make sense and under what circumstances they would make sense."

"I don't have a particular tipping point in mind," he continued. "I think it's unacceptable if you've got drug gangs crossing our borders and killing U.S. citizens."

The potential deployment comes amid reports that approximately 1,000 people have been killed along the contentious border in the first three months of 2009. Increased violence in northern Mexican towns has been attributed to battles that have broken out following Mexican President Felipe Calderon order of a crackdown on drug cartels.

President Obama told reporters that the violence is “really a two-way situation” necessitating a cooperative approach.

"The drugs are coming north, we're sending funds and guns south," he said. "As a consequence, these cartels have gained extraordinary power. Our expectation is to have a comprehensive policy in place in the next few months."

(Yes, obama does have the power to control the national guard - you can thank bush for the tweaking of the insurrection act)
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Obama Says National Guard Might Be Sent To US-Mexican Border

I have no problem with Nation guard backing up OUR side of the border. The other side well its not our country plain and simple. Their drug problem is not our drug problem till it cross's our border. NG could actually help that from our side. Guns from here wouldnt make it over if it was patrolled well by BOTH side's. Illegal aliens wouldnt be a problem it was patrolled well also.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

(Berks County)

Default Re: Obama Says National Guard Might Be Sent To US-Mexican Border

Yes the guns are coming from here. Ha! Oh I'm sure some arms dealer is making fortune selling guns from the former soviet states that went missing after the collapse. As well as the arms produced here in the US that get left behind after troops pull out of an area. Our own government is probably responsible for some of the arms that are in the wrong hands down there right now.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin