Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Under 10 posts, and I already feel duped. :(

First off, I would like to say this seems to be a great site! But, I had a bad experience right off the bat.
    I was in the classifieds looking to buy a S&W 442.
    I Pmd the seller, and made him an offer. He originally had in his Post, he was "asking" $390.
    Well I noticed today, that he edited his post, to say that he had an offfer for $400, and he was looking for more. (Seems like he turned it into his own little auction)
    Then after all is said and done someone deleted all the incriminating posts against him!
    Did not put a good taste in my mouth.
    But hopefully future experiences are brighter! Just want to say hello to everyone!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Under 10 posts, and I already feel duped. :(

1st off I like to say sorry about the deal that went bad......

I know many folks on this board buy & trade items without problems everyday.

Secondly, Welcome Aboard & please stick around - much the learn & share.

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Delaware County)

Don't let the classified section determine this forum, the mods do not write the classifieds. Stay with us and enjoy all the post here.

(Lackawanna County)

I thought that post was a little weird too. Stick with it though. Lots of great people and great info here. Welcome.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by allglock View Post
    First off, I would like to say this seems to be a great site! But, I had a bad experience right off the bat.
    I was in the classifieds looking to buy a S&W 442.
    I Pmd the seller, and made him an offer. He originally had in his Post, he was "asking" $390.
    Well I noticed today, that he edited his post, to say that he had an offfer for $400, and he was looking for more. (Seems like he turned it into his own little auction)
    Then after all is said and done someone deleted all the incriminating posts against him!
    Did not put a good taste in my mouth.
    But hopefully future experiences are brighter! Just want to say hello to everyone!
    Hey allglock, I'd say "welcome to the forum", but it seems you've "been here" for a while.

I understand your frustration, and I want to apologize for deleting that post without explanation.

I deleted it for two reasons.
    (1) there is no "discussion" in the classified section. I don't need to explain myself for removing "discussion" posts, but I usually do out of courtesy, if a member is new. I was in the middle of a few things and forgot to get back to it.
    (2) While I can see your point about him "raising" the price, it's his firearm to sell. If he chooses to sell to the highest bidder, it's his call. His price of $390(IIRC)was still listed in his second post, so I dont think he was exactly "hiding" what he was doing.

Have a good one!
    ~EM
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Was the 442 used? Myers Gun Shop has a 442 with a $400 price tag on it, new.

(Westmoreland County)

My suggestion to classified users is to review the feedback section before any dealings. And be sure to add feedback, good or bad, to help other people in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Hey allglock, I'd say "welcome to the forum", but it seems you've "been here" for a while.

I understand your frustration, and I want to apologize for deleting that post without explanation.

I deleted it for two reasons.
    (1) there is no "discussion" in the classified section. I don't need to explain myself for removing "discussion" posts, but I usually do out of courtesy, if a member is new. I was in the middle of a few things and forgot to get back to it.
    (2) While I can see your point about him "raising" the price, it's his firearm to sell. If he chooses to sell to the highest bidder, it's his call. His price of $390(IIRC)was still listed in his second post, so I dont think he was exactly "hiding" what he was doing.

Have a good one!
    ~EM
    So its OK to sell doing an auction type sale?
    I would sell all my stuff that way.
    So I should write : Item for sale....$390., but will hold out for higher offers?...............OK
    When I sell something , I always start out high, so I can always go lower............ Not the other way around..........
    Last edited by allglock; February 22nd, 2008 at 06:11 PM.

(Montgomery County)

theres no "site policy" on this, but in general, if someone posts something like "$400 or best offer" it means "$400, or the best offer UNDER $400"

its generally considered rude sales ettiquette to say the above, and start bouncing peoples offers off each other to go above the posted sale price...one obvious thought is "Is the seller telling the truth, or does he now just want more money, and is making up a fictional buyer to get it"?

thats why there is places like auction arms.

if you want to sell something as an auction, do so, if you want to sell something for the price you posted, do that instead, one or the other.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    theres no "site policy" on this, but in general, if someone posts something like "$400 or best offer" it means "$400, or the best offer UNDER $400"

its generally considered rude sales ettiquette to say the above, and start bouncing peoples offers off each other to go above the posted sale price...one obvious thought is "Is the seller telling the truth, or does he now just want more money, and is making up a fictional buyer to get it"?

thats why there is places like auction arms.

if you want to sell something as an auction, do so, if you want to sell something for the price you posted, do that instead, one or the other.
    I can't belive I'm saying this but...I agree with Jaybell. Don't start a bidding war, if you say it is 400 or best offer and someone offers 350, and no other offers come in, that's the best offer, lets not sit on it an hope someone makes a better offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast