Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Meprolights vs. Glock NS

Just wondering what the difference between the 2 is? I'd like to get NS on the first pistol I purchase, probably a G19. I can get the Glock Night Sights for $50 more than the base G19, or the Meprolights for $69.95 more than the base G19. Does one last longer than the other? Is one brighter, different design, etc? Anything you can tell me that would help me make up my mind would be greatly appreciated.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Meprolights vs. Glock NS

I think the Glock NS are a little brighter but I like the different color dots of the Meps.

I've got a set of green front/orange rear Meps on both my G20 and G29. My G23 came with all green factory Glock NS.

unless you really want diff colord front/rear sights get the glock NS. remember the mepros are $70 uninstalled, and u need a special $100 tool to install them or a gunsmith. By the time your done you pay more than double

(Allegheny County)

Actually, the Mepro's are $70 installed. The place I'm ordering from said they would install the Mepro's before sending the gun. I'm leaning towards the Glock NS...even if it is just 20 bux, i dont really see any reason to spend the extra 20. Unless they'll give me the mepros in 2 different colors, like Green front, yellow rear or somethin. Thanks for the replies guys!

(Clinton County)

I installed and sighed mine on a glovk and browning hp with a brass rod and small hammer.

(Allegheny County)

Does the fact that the Mepro's would be $70 installed make a difference? I'm wondering if there's any performance advantages to mepros over the factory Glock NS or any reason that it would be worth paying the extra $20. Longer warranty? Better design? Anything? Thanks for the help guys.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mancolt View Post
    Does the fact that the Mepro's would be $70 installed make a difference? I'm wondering if there's any performance advantages to mepros over the factory Glock NS or any reason that it would be worth paying the extra $20. Longer warranty? Better design? Anything? Thanks for the help guys.
    For me it was the personal preference for the two different colors that I was willing to pay a little more for.

If you can, check out both. Like I said the Glock NS seem a little brighter to me. The dots may be a bit bigger. I don't know. You may prefer one over the other when you actually see them on a pistol.

Thumbs up Re: Meprolights vs. Glock NS

I have experimented with Meprolights and XS Safari...also with Tru-Glo...After looking up the data on them I believe the info available is spot on. The Meprolights are made in Israel and are imported by Kimber. Data suggests that the Meprolights have a substantially longer life-span than all other makes.
    I have Mepros on 2 of my glocks and Tru-Glo on my G22. Also a set of XS big dots on a wide body Kimber BP-10-2. Also, if you go to Lonewolf Distributors they sell the front and rear sight installer and have a good price. Anybody who can take up a pencil and write somehing can install sights on Glocks. Regards...Al

Bradford County & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)

The first thing I do with any new pistol I buy, is have Mepro's installed. I had them on my Glock 23, XD 40 SC, and several other pistol's in between. It's just a personal preference I have, much like the contrasting dot colors...Green front dot, orange rear dot's..that's how I rock!
    I have yet to have any issues with Mepro's, and they have ALL outlasted my ownership of said pistols.

(Allegheny County)

I have Mepros on 3 of my handguns and I'll put them on 21SF soon.

Now that I'm used to Mepro's, I just want to stay consistent with my NS.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast