Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Are you having fun?

I am posting this here because it seems that more people post on the pistol category.

I have read a lot of posts and interjected my opinion in a fair amount.

If we want to continue to support and promote the shooting sports and protect the second amendment, we need to have fun doing it.

I have been shooting for over 60 years and by God it is FUN. I went out last Sunday and shot up 400 more or less cartridges blowing wood blocks all to hell. I didn't care what I shot them with, how fast it was, how powerful it was, what kind of powder I burned or what kind of bullet I shot. Those wood blocks were still shattered to splinters when I was finished and I had FUN doing it.

Take a friend or young person to shoot - with eye and ear protection - and have FUN.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Are you having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by autorim View Post
    Take a friend or young person to shoot -...and have FUN.
    I mentioned doing that with one of my leftist coworkers. He feigned interest and we never made it to the range. Now he no longer sits near me at lunch. Good thing he only thinks I own two guns. If he knew the true quantity, he's probably avoid being in the same building.

Many of the firearm-ignorant pansies out there who think a gun should be banned if it has "no hunting purpose" just can't believe that people shoot just for "fun," unless that fun involves mowing down people.
    Last edited by RandomTask; April 27th, 2007 at 12:25 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by autorim View Post
    .... Take a friend or young person to shoot - with eye and ear protection - and have FUN.
    I did just that with my fiancée this past Sunday with a friend from the PAFOA, only her second time shooting, when she was done she looked at me with a huge smile and said "THAT was fun !!! " read about the whole sage here if ya like:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...html#post49743

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Many of the firearm-ignorant pansies out there who think a gun should be banned if it has "no hunting purpose" just can't believe that people shoot just for "fun," unless that fun involves mowing down people.
    People with that narrow mindset don't believe in hunting either. If it frightens someone to shoot a piece of paper or tin can they faint at the thought of shooting a deer. If they got their way hunting guns would be next.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lawrence County)

I have a friend like that... She could only picture deer hunting with a bow and she wanted to go. She's my friend's wife and now we're roommates... Well, when I bought my new gun and brought it home she was saying "I don't like guns around as it is and now you have two handguns".

So I did what any other sensible person would do with a new/used firearm. I read the book to field strip it to clean it, and did it right infront of her. once it was broken down into it's 5 major components, she declared that "it doesn't look so scary now". She asked to handle it and I let her. Then she asked my favorite question "When can we go shoot it?"

Next weekend we went to the PGC range in Darlington and shot my .22 rifle, the PT25, and my new RugerP95DC. Some guy was there and let her shoot his NEF 12 ga. single shot, which she said didn't hurt as much as she thought it would... We had a lot of fun. Since then, I've aquired another 200 rounds of WWB and 24 targets from Wal-Mart... Sunday is going to be nice and we're all going to take a ride down again... Guns are fun, but making a new convert, is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Guns are fun, but making a new convert, is even better.

Amen to that!
    FUCK BIDEN