Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Two injured during ND at Palmetto State Armory

http://wspa.com/2016/09/29/accidenta...greenville-co/

GREENVILLE, SC (WSPA) – Deputies say two people were hurt after an accidental shooting at the Palmetto State Armory in Greenville County.

According to the sheriff’s office, a man was taking apart a gun when it fired and struck him and someone he was with.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Default Re: Two injured during ND at Palmetto State Armory

Ohh Boy I bet this is going to effect their TA time.

(Erie County)

Too lazy, or impatient to clear a firearm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

I wish them a quick recovery, and more safety lessons.

That place looks like a cool place to visit.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Too lazy, or impatient to clear a firearm?
    Complacency.

Complacency is such a difficult risk for people to manage because it overlaps with the extraordinary ability humans have to adapt. Adaptation and complacency are closely related. Humans have a natural to assess risk, and minimize our efforts in avoiding risks that we don't have to avoid.

I go about my day oblivious to what I should to do reduce my exposure to the risk of being attacked by a mountain lion. Is that adaptation to a reality where mountain lions aren't a threat, or is that complacency in the face of a threat that improperly addressed would have lethal consequences?

Natural evolution forces my mind to want to focus on the most immediate threats. I am more worried about whether or not the other driver will run the stop sign.

As the mind subconsciously continues to evaluate, and prioritize, the various threats in our environment, we need to consciously be disciplined in our conscious effort to avoid threats that won't naturally populate in our subconscious.

The difference between adapting and complacency is discipline... The ability to say to yourself that even though I know I got this, and I am good to go, I am still going to go through these safety steps because I understand how the human mind adapts.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Complacency.

Complacency is such a difficult risk for people to manage because it overlaps with the extraordinary ability humans have to adapt. Adaptation and complacency are closely related. Humans have a natural to assess risk, and minimize our efforts in avoiding risks that we don't have to avoid.

I go about my day oblivious to what I should to do reduce my exposure to the risk of being attacked by a mountain lion. Is that adaptation to a reality where mountain lions aren't a threat, or is that complacency in the face of a threat that improperly addressed would have lethal consequences?

Natural evolution forces my mind to want to focus on the most immediate threats. I am more worried about whether or not the other driver will run the stop sign.

As the mind subconsciously continues to evaluate, and prioritize, the various threats in our environment, we need to consciously be disciplined in our conscious effort to avoid threats that won't naturally populate in our subconscious.

The difference between adapting and complacency is discipline... The ability to say to yourself that even though I know I got this, and I am good to go, I am still going to go through these safety steps because I understand how the human mind adapts.
    There is a saying I've been familiar with for a long time, don't let your last words be, "I got this".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

When I told a guy on this forum to practice basic firearm safety procedure he went bananas.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Despite what someone handing you a firearm may tell you, EVERY gun is loaded until YOU prove otherwise.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Despite what someone handing you a firearm may tell you, EVERY gun is loaded until YOU prove otherwise.
    There are some things that should never be taken for granted, and certain safety procedures that should always be practiced - EVERY TIME - NO MATTER WHAT.

Everyone is susceptible to brain farts but if basic safety fundamentals are adhered to every time, it wil stop a mistake from turning into a tragedy or a disaster.

Every time I hand someone a firearm, I remove the magazine (if it has one), then I open the chamber and verify that it is empty. I then hand it over with an open chamber.

I don't get offended or butthurt if they then verify that it is unloaded, because that is what they absolutely should do.

I hope the injuries are not life threatening, and wish them a full recovery.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    There are some things that should never be taken for granted, and certain safety procedures that should always be practiced - EVERY TIME - NO MATTER WHAT.

Everyone is susceptible to brain farts but if basic safety fundamentals are adhered to every time, it wil stop a mistake from turning into a tragedy or a disaster.

Every time I hand someone a firearm, I remove the magazine (if it has one), then I open the chamber and verify that it is empty. I then hand it over with an open chamber.

I don't get offended or butthurt if they then verify that it is unloaded, because that is what they absolutely should do.

I hope the injuries are not life threatening, and wish them a full recovery.
    Once you've removd the mag and unchambered it, cycle three times. If bullets keep ejecting, you screwed up. Also check the bolt head/slide, and lock it open, flip over and look inside the mag well from the bottom.. Weird things can and do happen with guns and cartridges. Sometimes ammo ends up hung up in strange spots.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast