Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default PA dad whose toddler shot, killed self charged with Involuntary Manslaughter, other..

No sympathy for this asshole. You leave a loaded gun unattended around a toddler you deserve to go away.

http://6abc.com/news/dad-of-toddler-...-show/1530187/
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Indiana County)

Default Re: PA dad whose toddler shot, killed self charged with Involuntary Manslaughter, oth

But, but, but... He'll have to live with this his entire life...
    What good will come of putting him in prison???

Default Re: PA dad whose toddler shot, killed self charged with Involuntary Manslaughter, oth

The idiot won't breed
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    But, but, but... He'll have to live with this his entire life...
    What good will come of putting him in prison???

Sometimes the actions (or inactions) warrant prison time. Sometimes they don't.

These cases are not all black and white.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sometimes the actions (or inactions) warrant prison time. Sometimes they don't.

These cases are not all black and white.
    Sorry, I disagree.
    Leave your kid in a car to bake to death or leave your handgun out where you child gets it and kills themself, no difference.

If the dad had it unloaded and up on the fridge and the kid climbed up, found it and loaded it, then that may be different.
    Teach your kid how to play with guns and then you leave a loaded real one out wishing reach of a two year old, nah, that's gross stupidity and I have no problem with him being made an example of.

(Indiana County)

There was a post on FB the other day about a kid getting hit by someone not stopping for the bus with its reds on.

Do you know animal cruelty in PA is subject to 90days in jail and $750 in fines while not stopping for a school bus with its red lights on is $250 fine and loss of your lic name for 60 days?

I'm not advocating animal cruelty, but shit, is this all our kids are worth?

(Bucks County)

There was a post on FB the other day about a kid getting hit by someone not stopping for the bus with its reds on.

Do you know animal cruelty in PA is subject to 90days in jail and $750 in fines while not stopping for a school bus with its red lights on is $250 fine and loss of your lic name for 60 days?

I'm not advocating animal cruelty, but shit, is this all our kids are worth?
    No, but there's a difference between not stopping for a school bus and driving over a kid while not stopping for a school bus.

(Allegheny County)

Sorry, I disagree.
    Leave your kid in a car to bake to death or leave your handgun out where you child gets it and kills themself, no difference.

If the dad had it unloaded and up on the fridge and the kid climbed up, found it and loaded it, then that may be different.
    Teach your kid how to play with guns and then you leave a loaded real one out wishing reach of a two year old, nah, that's gross stupidity and I have no problem with him being made an example of.
    So you actually agree with me then.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    So you actually agree with me then.
    No, not really.

Leaving your kid in a car and leaving a loaded gun on a table that result in a child's death should be punished.

A kid stealing a car and getting killed in it or a kid climbing a shelf to find an unloaded gun and then loading it is different.
    Two of these scenarios are negligent, two are not.

People here have defended the lack of charges being filed when it was clearly a negligent act like letting a child bake to death.
    That's what I'm talking about, if one is negligent, charges are appropriate.

(Allegheny County)

The part I bolded in your post says you agree with what I posted. Only what I posted - nothing else was implied - just that there are grey areas, like what you posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast