Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Anybody have a light on their AR?

I just started looking into this. I've seen lots of options. Some use a remote switch.

I just want something reliable and preferably lightweight. So single battery is ideal. I don't need a ton of lumens. I'm not trying to light up the entire neighborhood.

M-lok would be nice, but i know most of them are pic (which is also okay).

It would also be nice if it was all inclusive. I don't want to have to get it and then buy a bunch of adapters and kits.

How well do those remote switches work? Better than a switch on the side of a flashlight body?

-Zach

Default Re: Anybody have a light on their AR?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The remote switch they sent broke after 1 year. So they sent a free new one with free shipping. I think it has a life time warranty.
    Buying it from the actual dude who sells it on his website is soemtimes cheaper.
    "May the odds be ever in America's favor"

(Lawrence County)

What AR?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    What AR?
    I have a few. All are 5.56. One with a quad rail and the rest with m-lok. Shortest barrel is 14.5" with integral brake and the longest is 18". The light would probably end up on the shortest one. Not sure if that answers your question.

-Zach

(Beaver County)

Mine is a Streamlight Polytac in a Viking Tactics mount. The whole setup ran about $80. It puts the tail switch right where my thumbnail is, and it's not too awkward to get to shooting right-handed. Meant to post a pic, but I'm having trouble uploading it.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Allegheny County)

Here's a thread I started when I was looking for a SMALL light for pistols since there's not a whole lot of space to mount one.

Lots of good info was posted even if it wasn't applicable to my situation.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=354076

I ended up getting the Crimson Trace CWL-102
    "The CWL-102 is a powerful rail-attached tactical light for M1913 Picatinny, Keymod® and M-LOK® rail-equipped long guns and provides 500 Lumens of white light."

I can't afford some of the high end stuff - especially when you still need mounts.
    The beauty of the CT units is that they come with multiple mounting options and I've been able to utilize the extra mounts for other guns.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I had this Magpul light mount that didn't work out for what I bought it for, but it worked on another gun,
    I made use of a flashlight I bought years ago. Nothing impressive - only 150 lumens I think.
    It's "OK" for indoors, but after getting the 500 lumen lights, I will always try for 500+ going forward.

(Allegheny County)

I did just pick up some Energizer "tac lights" at Walmart on clearance - 2-pack for $11.00
    I used the unused pic rail mount from the Crimson Trace (above) and a Keymod rail segment I had lying around to mount it on another gun.
    I haven't fired it yet to see if it will hold up to the recoil. Fingers crossed.

I had to mount it on the opposite side because of where I have the sling mounted...

I wasn't sure it would work there using the end cap, but when using the fore grip as a hand stop, it's pretty easy to just shift my hand a little to reach around to press the button with my thumb.

300 lumen
    (deck is one story up from the back yard)
    could be better, but more light than I had expected

(Allegheny County)

I really like the stuff that Arisaka puts out. They allow you to make package deals on their website utilizing their mounts (which are awesome), along with their lights and other competitors.

(Allegheny County)

These "handgun rail" lights will work too.
    I didn't think so, but after some people said they use them, I mocked one up on one of my rifles and it will work - I just prefer the tail cap push switch myself.

This one is pretty inexpensive. I had just posted it in the Deals thread a few days ago.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-fl-xwl...xwl-light.html

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast