Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default NRA endorses McCain, American Hunters and Shooters endorse Obama

http://news.aol.com/article/national.../206025?cid=12

National Rifle Association endorses McCain By SHARON THEIMER, AP

WASHINGTON -The National Rifle Association is endorsing Republican presidential nominee John McCain despite differences with the Arizona senator on gun-show rules and campaign finance restrictions.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and the chairman of the NRA's political action committee planned stops Thursday in Pennsylvania, Missouri, Colorado and Nevada to talk about the move.

LaPierre said the two agree on many issues important to the group.
    "He's cast more than 60 votes in the Senate in support of the Second Amendment," LaPierre said.
    The NRA's Political Victory Fund has spent more than $2.3 million opposing Democratic nominee Barack Obama. The chairman of the political action committee, Chris W. Cox, says its spending in the presidential race will grow to "eight figures" by Election Day. Besides ads, encouraging battleground-state gun owners to vote will be a key focus, he said.

The PAC was running an ad Thursday in USA Today accusing Obama of waffling on gun-rights issues and challenging his statements that he supports the right to bear arms. Obama has said he respects the Second Amendment but doesn't think it precludes "some commonsense gun laws so that we don't have kids being shot on the streets of cities like Chicago."

The NRA PAC's future spending will target Obama on gun issues and start publicizing the records of McCain and his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, LaPierre said. McCain's selection of Palin was a plus, LaPierre said.
    "She's a hunter, she's a Second Amendment supporter and she's a tremendous asset to the ticket," he said.

Palin, an NRA member, received an A-plus rating from the group when she ran for governor in 2006. That compares to an NRA grade in the average range for McCain in his last Senate race.

Palin has been an NRA booster, particularly for its education and safety programs, during her career in government. As mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, she used $750 from her city campaign fund to upgrade her NRA membership.
    The NRA doesn't always endorse presidential candidates. It has backed President Bush but declined to endorse Bob Dole in the 1996 race or President George H.W. Bush in 1992.

Obama has been endorsed by the American Hunters and Shooters Association, which calls itself a "mainstream group of hunters" that supports safe and responsible gun ownership.

On the Net:
    National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund: http://www.nrapvf.org/
    American Hunters and Shooters Association: http://www.huntersandshooters.com/

Anybody ever heard of the American Hunters and Shooters Association??

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: NRA endorses McCain, American Hunters and Shooters endorse Obama

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post

Yes, they are a well known leftist group. Their purpose is deceiving people into thinking their "endorsements" mean something.

They are a fraud. Anti-gunners pretending to be pro-gun.

Just like anti-gunners often write to the editor,reply to newsgroup postings, etc as "I own a gun, BUT...".

It's those people.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

Thats funny, their site went down while I was looking at their so called archives... Looks to me like a bogus organization. Their eirliest blog post was Dec. of 07 only has one blogger and what I read on the site so far is just plain bogus propaganda.... No date when founded or started on the site. Might be wrong but hmmmm seems fishy to me.

(Monroe County)

Sounds to me like they are trying to be the anti-NRA

You know... the "gun owners" who don't think you should have an assault rifle or carry a gun as thats the polices job. Its scary but there are a LOT of them out there
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I bet Biden is a member.

(Bucks County)

The left as a whole is so completely and utterly fraudulent that it's almost beyond belief? From their fraudulent candidates to the fraudulent news media to the the whole myriad of the Democrat party. This country is in deep $hit if this osshat wins.
    How in the world do these leftist voters not see them for what they are?

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Angry Re: NRA endorses McCain, American Hunters and Shooters endorse Obama

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The left as a whole is so completely and utterly fraudulent that it's almost beyond belief? From their fraudulent candidates to the fraudulent news media to the the whole myriad of the Democrat party. This country is in deep $hit if this osshat wins.
    How in the world do these leftist voters not see them for what they are?
    It's not the leftist voters who don't see him for what he is. It's the well intentioned moderate Democrats who are mesmerized by his voice (sort of like he was when he engaged in his first public speaking event) and the media adulation of him.

The American Hunters and Shooters Association are filled with people like Mr. Atkinson or whatever his name is that got MTNJack arrested, but swears he owns a gun and has an LtCF, but just doesn't carry.

(Mifflin County)

Here's the Wikipedia page for American Hunters and Shooters Association.

A read of it will tell you they're not on our side. Perhaps this line from the page sums it up best.

Paul Helmke, the President of the Brady Campaign, says of the AHSA, "I see our issues as complementary to theirs".
    Make sure to read the section about the leadership of AHSA.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Sounds to me like they are trying to be the anti-NRA

You know... the "gun owners" who don't think you should have an assault rifle or carry a gun as thats the polices job. Its scary but there are a LOT of them out there
    You are 100% correct Dredly. I have had them in my shop and couldn't beleive my ears.