Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Why the slandering in the "pay it forwards"

So i was reading a bunch of the "pay it forward" threads and i see everyone calling people a holes for asking a premium in an up market. To claim that people are benefitting off the murder of children is so unbelievably ignorant i wanna slap myself when i read it.

If an event occured that caused people to believe that private ownership of new homes would be banned no one would be calling people who stockpiled real estate a holes for charging a premium.

Many of us knew that something someday would occur that would spike the prices of our arms and accessories. So we bought accordingly as an investment. The circumstances which caused the spike in pricing is irrelevant.

Demand is WAAAAY up and supply is almost nonexistent. So what makes these folks a holes? How are they benefitting from the murders of children?
    Something in your logic seems very liberal leftish.

Blame the seller because the market is up
    Blame the gun when the shooter pulled the trigger

Now that i have spoken my piece i feel the pay it forward threads are a nice thing. Just dont insult the sellers when there are willing buyers.

P.S. i have nothing listed for sale..... yet
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Why the slandering in the "pay it forwards"

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post
    So i was reading a bunch of the "pay it forward" threads and i see everyone calling people a holes for asking a premium in an up market. To claim that people are benefitting off the murder of children is so unbelievably ignorant i wanna slap myself when i read it.

If an event occured that caused people to believe that private ownership of new homes would be banned no one would be calling people who stockpiled real estate a holes for charging a premium.

Many of us knew that something someday would occur that would spike the prices of our arms and accessories. So we bought accordingly as an investment. The circumstances which caused the spike in pricing is irrelevant.

Demand is WAAAAY up and supply is almost nonexistent. So what makes these folks a holes? How are they benefitting from the murders of children?

Now that i have spoken my piece i feel the pay it forward threads are a nice thing. Just dont insult the sellers when there are willing buyers.

It is more about the moral aspect in this case. I would not sell anything at a premium at this time. I do believe the prices have gone up because the shooting makes many think a ban is comming. I don't think people would be as harsh if there was no tragic incident that preceded a ban.

I do agree that it is a persons right to legaly make as much money as they can. I may not agree with the price increases but that is just personal feelings.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Erie County)

I would sell my NIB AR bolt for a thousand bucks, but I don't know what I would do with all of the meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I do believe the prices have gone up because the shooting makes many think a ban is comming.
    No, it's not the shooting that makes people think a ban is coming. It's the media and the politicians agitating for a ban that makes people think it might be coming. Did they do that after Aurora? No, because they weren't willing to risk it only 3 months before the election. Now that the election is over and their side didn't lose any ground despite BHO admitting he'd like to see a ban in the debates, they think it's safe to try. So somehow, we have to convince them that it's not safe....

(Chester County)

Not everyone involved in a pay-it-forward is slandering someone.

I heard people couldn't get a certain item, sold out everywhere they tried. I listed that item for free to someone who found themselves wanting because I'm in the same position; I want something that can't be found right now and it doesn't feel too good.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewussor View Post
    No, it's not the shooting that makes people think a ban is coming. It's the media and the politicians agitating for a ban that makes people think it might be coming. Did they do that after Aurora? No, because they weren't willing to risk it only 3 months before the election. Now that the election is over and their side didn't lose any ground despite BHO admitting he'd like to see a ban in the debates, they think it's safe to try. So somehow, we have to convince them that it's not safe....
    EHH ........
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Butler County)

Maybe it's almost Christmas and people are trying to do something nice for others.

Is there something wrong with offering free stuff? Are you complaining? LOL

Bill

As Calvin Coolidge once said "The Business of America is Business".

I undestand someone trying to make a buck. There is such a thing as being a profiteer though.

Personally I would just not buy if someone is charging way over for something. There are places that still have some stuff at reasonable prices.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post

If we extend this same logic to the antis then no one should be blaming them for using these childrens deaths to push their political agenda, it certainly wasn't one of them that picked up a gun and murdered 20 children, right? The circumstances which caused the spike in people calling for a gun ban are irrelevant. Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Oh, c'mon, nobody's being slandered in that thread....

...when it's written, it's called "libel".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast