Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

.....anyhow,Trashner held a press conference on CBS about an hour ago.A reporter asked him about the roadrage incident in which his employee was involved
    He did not answer the reporter's question but he did manage to attack the writer of the Big Trial article.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    That's the highest listing I could find even close to Kensington. Feel me, yo?

Well, save this https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelph.../home/38831623

Good luck with that.

I think you are confused as to what Kensington's boundaries are. Basically 6th the Delaware, girard to Allegheny. Port Richmond is carved out of that, from Lehigh/aramingo to the river, and so is fishtown, the Delaware/frankford Ave/Norris street.

North of Lehigh, and west of aramingo or frankford Ave is still a drug addled shitshow, but South of Lehigh is going strong. For example https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare

But sure, I "feel ya"

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I think you confused the term “I paid xxx” with “worth”.
    Sorry, but they ain’t the same thing!
    I'm not really sure what you mean. If my next door neighbors house sells for 500k, and it's virtually the same as mine(except mine is finished better with much better bathrooms), then my house is "worth" 500k. You dig? If you're saying you wouldn't pay 500k, buddy, that's on you.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean. If my next door neighbors house sells for 500k, and it's virtually the same as mine(except mine is finished better with much better bathrooms), then my house is "worth" 500k. You dig? If you're saying you wouldn't pay 500k, buddy, that's on you.
    I dig it and if I had that kind of cabbage I'd split that scene and move to greener pastures where the houses have more square footage than the entire lot does down there. I know you wouldn't have that pleasurable on-street parking but ya gotta make some sacrifices if ya wanna live the hi life.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This is funny and I thank you for the entertainment. Even though I don't live in the city and never have, I have spent my share of time there. I used to walk from my father's workplace to the Franklin Institute, Museum of Natural History and even as far as the Public Liabrary from 2024 Arch St. when I was about 7 years old. I wouldn't try that today. I also drove that city for quite a few man-hours over the life of my career, have been through the concourse then and now and know that Girard Ave is approximately 1000N. I also know that there is no 14th street and that the even streets run south east of Broad and north west of it. I'll add that Roosevelt Blvd. is synchronized for 25 MPH (it used to be anyway) and that Walnut street runs east to west and also has (or had) synchronized lights and was the best way to traverse west Philtytown. Oh, and I have even witnessed the beauty from the luxurious L from 69th St Station down into Center City but it has been a couple of years. I don't go down there anymore since it is a crime to defend yourself these days. So...with or without your approval I give myself shitting rights.

As for your critique of Officer Carson not doing his job...you are obviously out of touch with your DA's and mayor's policies. Those guys in blue don't write the book, they just have to follow it. So, if you would get out and get some strong leadership for your city, your problems would subside. It might be hard for you to do though, since you are a tradesman, you would have to buck the lead of your trade leadership to do so. Congrats on being a tradesman though, it is a good, well paying career.
    I'm happy to have "entertained" you with an actual view on the city. One that you've barely dipped your toe in. I get a real kick out of boomers who say shit like "I wouldn't even walk from x to x down there" lol bruh you've basically described a route from Logan square(one of the nicest, oldest, and most beautiful and expensive neighborhoods in the city to the big library, the a tourist center and also very nice area of the city) this type of talk is why I felt the need to push back and say most of you literally don't know what you're talking about. And yes, say what you want, but know that you're just laughably wrong. The city alone has a GDP of 388$ billion, more than half of all of Pennsylvania's GDP, while only having about 11.5% of the state population. The city's economy literally supports the rest of the state via our tax base. I realize these are BIG FACTS, so please, sit down while you take them in. In the meantime, I'll take myself and my kid on a 5 min el train ride to Franklin fountain for some of the bed ice cream in the country, and get a bad ass cheesesteak while I'm at it. Maybe next weekend I'll ride the el to the reading terminal market and choose from 30 places of some of the best food in the tri state area. Like it or not, the city will grow and get better, despite our problems and the absolute worst governance possible.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    We all have to right to comment, since we all have to deal with the droves of leftists fleeing the blight they created, and infiltrating our rural and suburban communities.
    I didn't say you didn't have the right to comment, I said I'm tired of doomer boomers who don't even tippitoe through the city shitting on it, and saying it's equivalent to walking around in Iraq. I'm saying if you think that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm saying that while there's been terrible incidents of regular citizens getting murdered or shot, it's very rare because 90% of shooters and victims are from a certain demographic and from very small pockets in the city.

As far as "leftists" infiltrating your community, buddy, not really my problem, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I dig it and if I had that kind of cabbage I'd split that scene and move to greener pastures where the houses have more square footage than the entire lot does down there. I know you wouldn't have that pleasurable on-street parking but ya gotta make some sacrifices if ya wanna live the hi life.
    Eh, I'm holding out for a million. Don't really need a huge house. 2k Sq ft is quite enough for two kids and the wife. Plus I can't walk over to restaurants that are the best in the tri state area, or walk to bars etc. for most people under 40, this is going to be a standard opinion. Which is why the city keeps growing and houses keep getting built and rehabilitated and people move here, despite our abysmal mayor, council, and DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I'm happy to have "entertained" you with an actual view on the city. One that you've barely dipped your toe in. I get a real kick out of boomers who say shit like "I wouldn't even walk from x to x down there" lol bruh
    I'm not anywhere close to boomer age, and I have refused to go to Philthy for over 2 years. One of the last times I went there, even before the adulation of Saint Floyd of Fentanyl, some crotch-rocketeers of a certain persuasion were riding their bikes on 676, hitting peoples' cars with metal chains and trying to run people into the median. Funny, I don't see that happen much in the burbs, nor do I randomly get called "honkey," "cracker," or "peckerwood."

The city is a cesspit, I don't care how good the food is. Shame, there were some restaurants I wanted to try out, but no food is worth my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I'm not anywhere close to boomer age, and I have refused to go to Philthy for over 2 years. One of the last times I went there, even before the adulation of Saint Floyd of Fentanyl, some crotch-rocketeers of a certain persuasion were riding their bikes on 676, hitting peoples' cars with metal chains and trying to run people into the median. Funny, I don't see that happen much in the burbs, nor do I randomly get called "honkey," "cracker," or "peckerwood."

The city is a cesspit, I don't care how good the food is. Shame, there were some restaurants I wanted to try out, but no food is worth my life.
    I mean you talk like a boomer, so I figured you were at least boomer adjacent. And bruh I've lived here for 20 years, and have never been called a honkey cracker lol. Cal the city what you want, just remember our economy supports yours and the entire state! And a big lol to saying no food is worth your life! Dude, if you think you're gonna get killed for going to a great restaurant, I've got a bridge to sell ya. It's called the Ben Franklin, and I take Bitcoin only. LOL IF I GO DOWN THARE IN PHILLIEDELPHIA ILL GET KILT FOR SURE! OK BOOMER

Have a great one!

(Philadelphia County)

LOL!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast