Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    Well at least you live in the city and have earned the right to shit on it if you want to. East oak lane is really nice actually. Big stone houses.
    Yeah,space and big old houses but real bitches to heat in the winter lol.
    I've lived in the city all my life,grown up and ran around in areas that would terrify some who post here....but I have had it and,I "shit" on the city because I do not like what the city has become,who is in charge or what is going on here and I am certainly done defending this place and its people against others who live elsewhere....got tired of that a while ago.I'm not much longer for this city and I intend to relocate as soon as I can.
    Last edited by Krichardson; June 14th, 2021 at 12:49 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Yes. Anything east of American and south of Lehigh is now about that much, give or take dependent on the size of the row. Mine is a three story, worth about 500k.
    I think you confused the term “I paid xxx” with “worth”.
    Sorry, but they ain’t the same thing!

(Montgomery County)

I say let them ride anywhere in the city limits. Otherwise they may start coming out into the burbs. Who needs that.

(Berks County)

I bought ten years ago, large, old, dilapidated row. Bought it for peanuts. Fixed it up, it's beautiful. knew eventually the hipsters would be here(now they are in droves), and I didn't have the money to buy in no libs, or even fishtown. Other areas don't have access to the el, and I didn't want to move to Fairmount/brewerytown.

And yeah, I'm comfortable. Murders stopped some years ago, plus as you know, they don't usually murder citizens. It's always people in the game, family members caught in the crossfire, etc. been a couple of sad ones, like that dude Milan in brewerytown. But that shit is rare. 90% of shooters and victims are a certain class of people from very specific areas.

Yeah I figured you were a cop, or are a cop, or wanted real badly to be a cop, given the blue lives flag. So what? If you're a cop, do your job. It's what ya signed up for. If you're retired, why you in here defecating on Philadelphia? Honestly I'm just tired of it, so I figured someone who actually lives here, in the city, needed to push back a bit on all the doomer boomers. And I also think cops need to pull out of their own asses and stop with the blue lives t shirts at every gathering I see, like get over it. Like solve crimes. Actually show up for minor calls and QOL issues. You know, do your jobs and not complain constantly. And I know it's not every cop. I have talked to some decent ones in Philadelphia. But honestly even my district treats people like they're Charlie and this is Vietnam or something. It's kinda annoying. City should've never allowed police to move outside the city, and should have prioritized hires who actually live here.

Honestly I've known cops in other jurisdictions, and Philadelphia cops seem to be the laziest. The shit I've seen on the roads in my 20 years would have brought out tanks from cities like Dallas or Houston. Like do cops here actually pull people over for driving like maniacs(in motor vehicles)?

Honestly all traffic laws should be enforced by camera, speed cameras and stop light and stop sign cameras. There should be a massive camera network to catch shooters. And there should be a separate police force, unarmed, that does traffic enforcement and accident response. If someone runs(like a maniac in a charger), you've got the plates on camera. Take em to court. The detectives should be tripled in budget and size, and cops should actually show up for QOL issues, like noise, etc. badges with guns shouldn't be doing anything but responding to calls. Gets rid of the racist allegations that way.

Anyway, buddy, you got me there, with the ask me anything. But my username is texas and all. And what bearing does it have? What point would you make knowing where I "grew up"?
    This is funny and I thank you for the entertainment. Even though I don't live in the city and never have, I have spent my share of time there. I used to walk from my father's workplace to the Franklin Institute, Museum of Natural History and even as far as the Public Liabrary from 2024 Arch St. when I was about 7 years old. I wouldn't try that today. I also drove that city for quite a few man-hours over the life of my career, have been through the concourse then and now and know that Girard Ave is approximately 1000N. I also know that there is no 14th street and that the even streets run south east of Broad and north west of it. I'll add that Roosevelt Blvd. is synchronized for 25 MPH (it used to be anyway) and that Walnut street runs east to west and also has (or had) synchronized lights and was the best way to traverse west Philtytown. Oh, and I have even witnessed the beauty from the luxurious L from 69th St Station down into Center City but it has been a couple of years. I don't go down there anymore since it is a crime to defend yourself these days. So...with or without your approval I give myself shitting rights.

As for your critique of Officer Carson not doing his job...you are obviously out of touch with your DA's and mayor's policies. Those guys in blue don't write the book, they just have to follow it. So, if you would get out and get some strong leadership for your city, your problems would subside. It might be hard for you to do though, since you are a tradesman, you would have to buck the lead of your trade leadership to do so. Congrats on being a tradesman though, it is a good, well paying career.
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; June 14th, 2021 at 10:15 AM.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

We all have to right to comment, since we all have to deal with the droves of leftists fleeing the blight they created, and infiltrating our rural and suburban communities.

(Lancaster County)

Well at least you live in the city and have earned the right to shit on it if you want to. East oak lane is really nice actually. Big stone houses.
    When you live out here, you have the right to shit on it. See how that goes?

Of course, what the fuck do I know, I'm just some poor uneducated red neck, who couldn't possibly compare to the likes of you.

Philthy sucks ass as a city, I don't need to live there to know that.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    LOL. Fishtown is not Kensington.
    That's the highest listing I could find even close to Kensington. Feel me, yo?

Well, save this https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelph.../home/38831623

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Story; June 14th, 2021 at 10:38 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    That's the highest listing I could find even close to Kensington. Feel me, yo?

Well, save this https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelph.../home/38831623

Good luck with that.
    That is amazing. Half a million for a small row house. Just off of Frankford Avenue, but about 5 blocks from Norris Square Park.

(Bucks County)

Yes. Anything east of American and south of Lehigh is now about that much, give or take dependent on the size of the row. Mine is a three story, worth about 500k.
    I would rather live in my house in the burbs than Fishtown or Kensington even though my house is not nearly worth the $400-$500k prices.... and I am a Philly native, born and raised. I just refuse to deal with the ever presence of drugs and crime that lurk around a few blocks away from the area.

I rarely even go to Center City or Philly that much anymore... maybe the Far NE.... Philly is really turning into Baltimore

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That is amazing. Half a million for a small row house. Just off of Frankford Avenue, but about 5 blocks from Norris Square Park.
    There are ones off of 21st and Diamond, new construction going for $400k and up.... and then across the street is the abandoned, burned out house....lol

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast