Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default 100 Million... seriously?

Obama is requesting that 100,000,000 be cut from the budget.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...on-in-90-days/

Jonathan Weisman reports on the White House.

Three months ago, when President Barack Obama announced he was extracting $100 million in spending cuts from his cabinet secretaries, the reviews were not terribly kind, not with a budget well in excess of $3 trillion and a budget deficit shooting toward $1.8 trillion.

But the president had a deadline to keep: “As part of his commitment to go line by line through the budget to cut spending and reform government he will challenge his cabinet to cut a collective 100 million dollars in the next 90 days,” the White House fact sheet proclaimed.

Well, on this, the 91st day, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki and White House budget office spokesman Ken Baer released identical statements when queried about the results. “The recommendations have been gathered by the Cabinet Secretaries who will be reporting them to the President shortly,” they said in separate responses. When pressed, Psaki said we should see the exact cuts “in the coming days.”

With Democrats blanching at tax increases to pay for national health care, and the deficit officially over $1 trillion, Obama may want to put a few extra zeros on the total.

the difference between 100,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 is only like 4 0's... who cares
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 100 Million... seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Obama is requesting that 100,000,000 be cut from the budget.

the difference between 100,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 is only like 4 0's... who cares
    he don't give 2 shits...whether it's short-term or long-term, in his eyes and his sheeple, it's a 'budget cut'
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Northampton County)

^^^^what he said^^^^

Obama doesn't see it as a piddley stupid little amount in the grand scheme of things. All he sees is that he is cutting the budget.

That's like saying I make $50,000 a year and am going to cut $5 out of my spending. It's not going to do jack.

Well let’s call up The Monopoly Game Co. to print more money shall we?
    ΑΣΦ

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    ^^^^what he said^^^^

Obama doesn't see it as a piddley stupid little amount in the grand scheme of things. All he sees is that he is cutting the budget.

That's like saying I make $50,000 a year and am going to cut $5 out of my spending. It's not going to do jack.
    and I'm no financial guru nor claim to be, but in order to reduce debt, don't you have to tighten the budget and reduce spending rather than spending more and letting the budget grow?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    and I'm no financial guru nor claim to be, but in order to reduce debt, don't you have to tighten the budget and reduce spending rather than spending more and letting the budget grow?
    But $100,000,000 isn't going to reduce anything. It is 1/10,000th of $1,000,000,000,000. Like I mentioned before. It's like having $50,000 in income and thinking not buying on Starbucks coffee a year is going to make a difference.

To make a difference there would have to be drastic cuts in the budget. Like tens of billions maybe?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Or you can tax more. Unfortunately people like you and me can't forcibly take money from other people. We actually have to make a product or service worth buying in order to get other peoples' money.

$100 million ey? Is that like the Paula Abdul song...I take 100 million steps forward, I take 750 billion steps back?

Kind of like a fat guy cutting out carrots from his diet, then adding cheeseburgers and bragging about how he cut out carrots.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    ^^^^what he said^^^^

His grand scheme of things is more sinister than most would believe. It's about destruction of America not construction.
    I'm betting those who 6 months ago thought that statement is tin foilish are questioning that now,.... if they're intellectually honest and not just drinking the kool-aid.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    His grand scheme of things is more sinister than most would believe. It's about destruction of America not construction.
    I'm betting those who 6 months ago thought that statement is tin foilish are questioning that now,.... if they're intellectually honest and not just drinking the kool-aid.
    I used to be very anti-conspiracy, but I have to admit it seems every day is more like Animal Farm.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

hostis humani generis

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?