Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Anybody live in Horsham?

I just noticed their township park rules (Ordinance 2006-12) include prohibition of possession or transportation of firearms (Section III, A, 12):

http://www.horsham.org/inc/documents/8/park-rules.pdf

The exact wording is "Possession or transporting of firearms, weapons or paintballs(sic) guns".

I don't know if their parks have signs with the same restriction listed.

Default Re: Anybody live in Horsham?

just noticed their township park rules (Ordinance 2006-12) include prohibition of possession or transportation of firearms
    well, fight it! seriously, it is actually kind of fun. You don't actually have to live there to challenge their laws. I got them to change the one in my county, and i'm working on a nearby park in a neighboring township. Search "preemption" on the forum and you'll read about a lot of other success stories.

Go to their Township Council meeting and politely inform them of the law. if you don't do even that mild amount of confrontation, send the Township Manager a letter explaining the law. They'll see that they lack the authority to regulate weapons and change their ordinances. They have to, the law is on our side.

if everyone here went to their local parks, town buildings, and other public places and changed just one of these unlawful ordinances, they'd be all gone in this state by Halloween.

the best part about the whole thing is that when i got a letter and phone call from Lehigh County, the guy thanked me for bringing this to their attention. it was as if they were happy that anyone even cared.
    Last edited by sdsorrentino; July 17th, 2009 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    I just noticed their township park rules (Ordinance 2006-12) include prohibition of possession or transportation of firearms (Section III, A, 12):

http://www.horsham.org/inc/documents/8/park-rules.pdf

The exact wording is "Possession or transporting of firearms, weapons or paintballs(sic) guns".

I don't know if their parks have signs with the same restriction listed.
    It's a pain yes . Good luck trying to get the township concal to change that Ordinance . Horsham has on the books a NO discharge ordinance . So according to them you can't hunt ether !!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Bucks County)

I'm one block off County Line in Warminster. Warminster has pretty much the same rules posted here in our parks too. I am going to send a letter to Twp Manager when I get a chance. Really busy at wortk right now and not home much.