Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anthony Arms Lost Their FFL

I think this is new news (did a search came up with nothing), so i stopped into Anthony Arms last week (I know there are a select few of you that don't like the place... but i was bored) and was talking to one of the sales reps there and aparently they a.) were audited by the ATF, and b.) didn't renew or forgot to send in their FFL renewal or something (not sure how all that works). Bottom line, they are not allowed to sell firearms for another 6 some months. Anyone know any more than i do? The place is a bit overpriced, but it's the closest shop to me and it's fun to browse every now and again without having to drive out of my way.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(York County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms Lost Their FFL

This was posted on the website.

"Effective 6-1-08, Anthony Arms has been forced to apply for a new Federal Firearms License (FFL). This process is expected to take (6) months to finalize, and will be complete 12-1-2008. During this time period, we will be unable to process any firearms transactions. However, the store, as well as the range will be open for business as usual. Gun sales will resume once our new license has been received. We want to thank our loyal customers for there understanding and apologize for any inconvenience"

http://www.anthonyarms.com/specials.htm

Also I looked on the BATF website and you can view I list of all the revoked FFL's and I found Anthony Arms.

Liscense Business
    8-25-003-01-RV-36993 OUTFITTERS HUNTING & SHOOTING SUPPLY INC ANTHONY ARMS & ACCESSORIES 2980 A LEBANON CHURCH RD
    WEST MIFFLIN, PA 151220000 2980 A LEBANON CHURCH RD WEST MIFFLIN, PA 151220000
    Last edited by a18lee; June 23rd, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

thanks for the citation i was getting there but fell asleep

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Allegheny County)

I'd just like to add that it's improper that a license is needed at all to sell firearms in a free country, and it's outrageous the way that licensing is handled in such a jack-booted manner. Just imagine the reaction if Congress were to set up a similar licensing system for book-sellers. People would go nuts, and justifiably so!

Quote Originally Posted by awkx View Post
    I'd just like to add that it's improper that a license is needed at all to sell firearms in a free country, and it's outrageous the way that licensing is handled in such a jack-booted manner. Just imagine the reaction if Congress were to set up a similar licensing system for book-sellers. People would go nuts, and justifiably so!
    ehhhh I see where your coming from but under that logic I should beable to open up a hospital and practice medicine because it would be a fun hobby. So it becomes where do we draw the line?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    ehhhh I see where your coming from but under that logic I should beable to open up a hospital and practice medicine because it would be a fun hobby. So it becomes where do we draw the line?
    OK, I concede that licensing sellers of firearms isn't completely unreasonable. But I think that we can all agree that the governing statutes and especially the BATFE's enforcement is over the line. To lose your license for half a year over an innocent mistake in the paperwork is just absurd.

(Allegheny County)

I know a few of the salesmen up there and they told me that basically they forgot to cross a few T's and dot a few I's on their paperwork and the BATF didn't like that, so they are being screwed.

(York County)

Could another firearms dealer send one of their employees and do all the sales transactions (like an in-store gun show).

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Other than a business license, what licenses does WalMart need in order to sell OTC drugs?

You're argument is a non sequitir, one is selling goods in a business transaction, the other is providing generally invasive care to a person.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theSaj View Post
    Could another firearms dealer send one of their employees and do all the sales transactions (like an in-store gun show).
    You mean like a 7-11 sending their employees across the street to help out a Wawa who screwed up paperwork and as a result can't handle food anymore? Possibly...but it wouldn't be good for 7-11's business, would it?

I'm guessing FFLs local to Anthony's will cash in on one less competitor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast