Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default There's bad guys, criminals and scum balls...and then there's this jerk!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/09/...ef=mpstoryview

BAYOU LA BATRE, Alabama (AP) -- Authorities searched Wednesday for the bodies of four children believed to have been thrown off a bridge by their father.

Lam Luong faces four counts of capital murder.

Lam Luong, 37, of Irvington confessed Tuesday night to driving to the Dauphin Island bridge, stopping and tossing the youngsters off the span, which is as high as 80 feet above the water in places, Detective Scott Riva said.

Missing and presumed dead were 4-month-old Danny Luong; 1-year-old Lindsey Luong; 2-year-old Hannah Luong; and 3-year-old Ryan Phan. Phan is not the man's biological child, but Luong raised him from infancy, authorities said.

Luong faces charges of four counts of capital murder and was due in court Wednesday, Riva said.
    Don't Miss

At least three boats were being used in the search, and the Coast Guard was sending another boat and a helicopter, Riva said.

"It's been a nightmare," said Riva.

Luong is jailed in Mobile, and Riva said he did not know whether he had a lawyer. There was no telephone listing for Luong. Video Watch Luong head to jail in handcuffs »

Police Chief John Joyner said the act appeared to be an act of revenge aimed at Luoung's wife, the Press-Register of Mobile reported.
    advertisement

Police said Luong reported the children missing Monday. He reportedly told authorities that a woman who had the children failed to return them to him.

The Dauphin Island bridge connects coastal Alabama to a barrier island located about three miles south of Mobile Bay in the Gulf of Mexico.
    I hope this guy doesn't spend 1 full day in jail due to the fact that another inmate frags him in his sleep!

Default Re: There's bad guys, criminals and scum balls...and then there's this jerk!

What a fucking piece of shit.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: There's bad guys, criminals and scum balls...and then there's this jerk!

It is so hard to imajin. I caint stand cases like this. If only he could be thrown off the same bridge...and if he lives well let him get better and do it again...
    -A
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

(Cumberland County)

Where are all the feel good libs. on this one?

We need better bridge control!!!!! That's the answer. If there was a 3 day waiting period before you could cross a bridge, this would never have happened. There should have been a background check performed on this man before he was allowed to cross the bridge.

Maybe this happened because of the free bridge loophole. Anyone can drive onto a bridge if it isn't a toll bridge.

What role did the bridge designer play in the deaths of these 4 children? Should the safety railing been designed differently? Should there have been a safety net around the bridge to prevent this?

What about the contractor that built the bridge?
    WHERE DOES IT END??????

I wonder if some schmuck attorney would try to sue GOD for that damn force called gravity?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Philadelphia County)

I can't imagine what would cause someone to hurt a child. I hope this guy gets death by the same means that he used to kill those children.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Chester County)

It is so hard to imajin. I caint stand cases like this. If only he could be thrown off the same bridge...and if he lives well let him get better and do it again...
    -A
    Now we get to play judge, jury and executioners? So much for the Bill of Rights everyone loves to shout about.

I know it's naive based on this guy's history, but there has been no physical evidence (reported) to indicate he did what he confessed, so I will pray his greatest crime is perjury as long as there is the slightest glimmer of hope that these children are still alive. The next few days may prove me an idiot, but eternal optimism is one of my greatest flaws.
    Last edited by str8shooter; January 9th, 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExCopInPhilly View Post
    I can't imagine what would cause someone to hurt a child.
    Me either...I couldn't comment earlier because of my rage.
    I'm still grinding teeth.
    No weapons...me & that guy...empty room...end of problem.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/09/...ef=mpstoryview

I hope this guy doesn't spend 1 full day in jail due to the fact that another inmate frags him in his sleep!
    They'll probably chuck him in seg to prevent that.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Philadelphia County)

Hey, do they still do the old "boiling in oil" trick ? I think that would suit this ass-bag just fine.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Susquehanna County)

Amnesty international will be involved in this one. Remember he gets a lawyer and is innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. But I'd like to make the jury

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast