• No, this is uglier than my husband/wife

5 5.68%
  • No: but I appreciate them trolling the NY legislators

72 81.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Do you like this NY legal AR.

http://gunsnfreedom.com/the-new-ar-1...ts-in-a-tizzy/

The New AR-15 Design is Compliant with “SAFE Act” and Has Gun Control Activists in a Tizzy
    February 7, 2014 by Jonathan S. · 105 Comments
    new ar-15 design is compliant with new yorks safe act
    (Photo Courtesy of Cindy Schultz / Times Union)
    Follow Guns 'n' Freedom on Twitter and stay informed!
    Prototypes for the newly designed AR-15 are hitting gun shops across New York, as gun shops and machinists have designed a rifle that complies with the anti-gun law.
    At least one gun shop has received a letter from state police saying that the new AR-15 style rifles should be legal in the state as long as they don’t have some of the features that the law prohibits.
    The new gun law bans all kinds of semi-automatic rifles that have been labeled with the “assault” term even though these are very common rifles and are no more powerful than the average hunting rifle.
    Features like adjustable stocks, pistols grips, and flash suppressors has been deemed to be unlawful on these rifles, mainly because it makes them LOOK mean. And we all know how little these anti-gun lawmakers really know about guns, as the “Ghost gun” video illustrated.
    The new AR-15 design did away with the pistol grip which gives the gun an odd paintball gun look. The stock is fixed as well, but at least New Yorkers now have a legal way to own an AR-15, a fact which is still driving some gun control activists mad.
    Leave it to good old American ingenuity to drive anti-gunners up the wall while allowing gun owners to still own this classic firearm which shoots the same exact rounds in the same exact way as the rifles that have been banned.
    Instead of going after criminals and the ones actually perpetrating gun crimes in New York, Governor Cuomo instead decided to go after law abiding gun owners. One of the biggest reasons for pushing the SAFE Act on New York residents so swiftly was to take the so-called “assault rifles” off the streets, which we showed in a recent infographic are used in 1% of crimes.
    According to Times Union,
    “It’s basically an AR-15 without the features,” said James Tresmond, a western New York lawyer representing H&H Firearms, a Lackawanna gun shop that’s seeking to sell such a rifle.
    “People are champing at the bit” for the modified rifle, said Justin Reickart, who with his wife operates H&H.
    He aims to offer an AR-15-style rifle with the pistol grip permanently removed, and without banned accessories such as a folding stock, a flash suppressor or a bayonet lug.
    Although the gun may look a little different, it shoots the same .223 rounds and still retains semi-automatic capabilities. A few state troopers have already shown interest in buying some of the prototypes.
    New York gun shops are simply trying to fill a void in the market that the new unconstitutional Safe Act left behind. And although gun owners will still be restricted to the 7 round limit in their magazines, there is hope that this will be overturned as more realize how ridiculous this restriction is. After all, 12-16 round magazines in handguns are the norm across the US.
    Lawmakers and others who opposed the law say it’s an example of how economics, along with a bit of imagination and tinkering, are prevailing over what they see as a hastily crafted law.
    “The industry is starting to respond to the market,” said Rochester-area Republican Assemblyman Bill Nojay, a vocal opponent.
    Nojay said the ease of modification came up during the brief legislative debate on the bill in early January.
    “What the heck is the difference?” asked Troy-area GOP Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin, noting that the modified rifles have the same firepower and potential lethality as those that are banned.
    One of the great things about the AR-15 platform is that it’s easy to modify, and this has allowed gunsmiths to add or remove features.
    But even with this gun being compliant with some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, you can bet that anti-gun lawmakers will jump on the “ban-wagon” in trying to push even more restrictions on gun owners.
    New York is already facing several lawsuits over the SAFE act, but while these lawsuits play out in court at least some gun smiths are finding a way to let New Yorkers exercise their rights.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Do you like this NY legal AR.

I like it as a symbol, blown up 5 times life-sized, and mounted on a concrete pedestal on the front lawn of the NRA, with a plaque reading

THIS ABERRATION IS THE RESULT OF ELECTING MORONS

(Lawrence County)

I didn't vote because you didn't have an option that applied to me:

yes, I like anything that fucks over gun grabbing New York politicians.

(Bucks County)

Who in their right mind would even consider buying that abomination? 😳

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I didn't vote because you didn't have an option that applied to me:

yes, I like anything that fucks over gun grabbing New York politicians.
    This. 10 char.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Who in their right mind would even consider buying that abomination? 😳
    When its your only option. Plus most of the ugly is buried in your shoulder anyway.

I wouldn't own one given I can buy any rifle I please. But the FU to New York is great, and I approve!
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Bucks County)

Question Re: Do you like this NY legal AR.

Thing is hideous... but if it lets gun owners enjoy firearms then so be it.

Screw New York legislature... And screw that fugly "AR"... lol But I do appreciate the sneakiness.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snuff View Post
    Thing is hideous.
    Agree... it's sacrilegious to mess with the original ArmaLite platform. However, I also love any 'workaround' that circumvents NY.

(Centre County)

I held one at the Outdoor show in the POF booth. It shouldered well and felt fine in the hand. Don't get me wrong, it looks horrible, but I'd rather have THAT then no AR at all....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast