Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default couple questions about joining the NRA

i was raised in an anti gun household, ive always loved guns, my mother had one for HD but everyone was anti gun. both my parents have passed over the last few years and i took possession of her gun...to make a long story short i am very pro gun and think every able citizen should carry. that being said i joined the NRA about 2 weeks ago through their website, but i never recieved anything in the mail or anything just a thank you email..will i get an ID card or anything?
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: couple questions about joining the NRA

Trust me...you'll get mail! You should also receive a plastic ID card in the mail. I'd give it a couple of more weeks then give them a call.

Regards,
    Gary

(Erie County)

Generally I've found that unless you bought a lifetime membership you'll start to receive which ever magazine you chose, perhaps a window decal for attracting the attention of Antis, a wallet card no one will ever see, and starting the second month, notices that your membership is about to expire and to please send more money immediately. Then you can create a Google news alert to notify you each time a politican mentions gun control and start expecting another request for, you guessed it, more money!

All in all I've found the $35 dollars to join is most likely well spent on the postage necessary to mail out all the requests for more money, monthly membership renewal reminders and magazine subscriptions.

Still I am a member again and would recommend membership to others as well. The NRA is the largest lobby we have against the Antis. They aren't perfect and may even qualify as annoying at times, but I still think they are better than no lobby voice at all.

I've tossed around the idea of a life membership before but I'm terrified of receiving a notice that my life is about to expire and the only way to prevent it is to send more money!

(Montgomery County)

I am convinced they will send notices bills alerts and requests for more money to my grave site. Even in death you can't escape the fund raising efforts of the NRA.

They are the only ones keeping guns in our hands. Congrats for joining. I am an Endowment Life Member.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah don't worry you will get pummeled with crap very soon. I'm still a member but man do I take a beating with email and snail mail.

(Berks County)

I just joined a few weeks ago myself.

I got the thank you email right away then received my window decal and wallet card a couple of weeks later. Give it another week or two and your welcome package should arrive (I have yet to receive my magazine, I suppose that I'll get that when the next issue comes out)

(Chester County)

I joined last year but I'm not sure if I want to rejoin or not this year. I do like the magazine, American Rifleman, but that's about it.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteJack View Post
    Still I am a member again and would recommend membership to others as well. The NRA is the largest lobby we have against the Antis. They aren't perfect and may even qualify as annoying at times, but I still think they are better than no lobby voice at all.
    Bingo. A lot of people, patriots and antis alike, have issues with the NRA. The plain simple fact is that without the NRA, however, we'd all be arguing about whether it remained OK to sell butter knives rather than OC vs CC of handguns.

GOA is another that should also get our support. I've said before, the pen is mightier than the sword when it comes to fighting the gun grab.

And I almost forgot (apologies all around) PAFOA.

Get out your pens and your checkbooks and send them all some support.

Even Hillary (blech -- even writing her name makes me shudder) has dropped her call for a national gun registry citing the NRA as an influence.
    Last edited by Philadelphia; January 22nd, 2008 at 11:28 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    I joined last year but I'm not sure if I want to rejoin or not this year. I do like the magazine, American Rifleman, but that's about it.
    Rejoin, the $35 dollars is one of the best investments you'll make.

The NRA is not perfect in many people's eyes and there's a reason for this: They are a massively huge organization that represents millions of gun owners who all have different opinions and needs. Nothing they can do will ever make everyone happy.

They are however an absolutely wonderful organization overall and I am a proud member.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast