Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

(Cumberland County)

Talking Introduction

Hi all,

I just joined today after stumbling over this website. I'm a retired Navy guy, live in Mechanicsburg, PA and got my carry permit a few weeks ago. I don't have a carry weapon yet. I've been arguing 2nd Amendment and gun issues on line since '91 or so and started out on Compuserve many years ago.

(York County)

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of great people and information here. Just a heads-up this is probably going to get moved to the "Introduce Yourself" section. Enjoy your time here!
    GB

http://forum.pafoa.org/forum-announc...y-hi-here.html
    Last edited by GreenBlood10; December 26th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Introduction

No problem, just shift me around to where I need to be and I'll sit there quietly!

Quote Originally Posted by Belasarius View Post
    No problem, just shift me around to where I need to be and I'll sit there quietly!
    If your new here, check out the regional section, there are some meet-ups being planned..........
    Adams Co. is planning a cook-out in Gettysburg, and there is a cook-out in the works for VF...

The Lebanon Co. guy's are having one, also.

(Centre County)

Welcome and thank you for your service!

Hi all,

I just joined today after stumbling over this website. I'm a retired Navy guy, live in Mechanicsburg, PA and got my carry permit a few weeks ago. I don't have a carry weapon yet. I've been arguing 2nd Amendment and gun issues on line since '91 or so and started out on Compuserve many years ago.
    Welcome!

Compuserve...WOW... I remember those days. They gave you an email address with like a what...a 7 digit number...LOL!
    Like: 6867721@compuserve.com

(Lancaster County)

Bravo Zulu on making it to retirement. I am a former SM3 Desert Storm Vet. Served on tin cans from 86 to 92. I often wish I stayed in as most of my conversations seem to start with " When I was in the Navy.......". You will find alot of good info here. Welcome.

(York County)

Welcome aboard, Belasarius!!

Ex-Navy here too...I was an airdale in the late 60's through late 70's. Got out as an AMS1.

Before the Semantics Nazis nail you, in PA the permit is called a License To Carry Firearms (LCTF).

So, what kind of firearm are you considering for carry? I'm a Glock guy, but mostly carry .38 snubbies (plus an LCP as a BUG).
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Lehigh County)

Hi all,

Welcome to the group, and Thank You for your service.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Welcome aboard, Belasarius!!

Ex-Navy here too...I was an airdale in the late 60's through late 70's. Got out as an AMS1.

Before the Semantics Nazis nail you, in PA the permit is called a License To Carry Firearms (LCTF).

So, what kind of firearm are you considering for carry? I'm a Glock guy, but mostly carry .38 snubbies (plus an LCP as a BUG).
    Thanks for the warning about the "SN's." After reading for awhile I recognized it and realized that this was a place that requires precision in communication. I changed to LCTF in about my 3rd post. I'm a quick l'arner.

I have to say that I have never been a brand man. I've owned a lot of different makes of vehicles and I don't have any predetermined bias toward any particular brand of weapon. I owned a .45 Colt Commander at one time but I'm looking for something inexpensive and concealable to carry with some stopping power. Not too much, not too little, just right. But I don't want to be carrying a house payment in the form of a firearm. So I'm looking for a good used gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast