Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Seecamp 380

Default Seecamp 380

Has anyone bought and shot the Seecamp 380. What do you think?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Seecamp 380

Pro- smallest 380 on market.

Con - Recoil is brutal in this gun.

It is dead 100% reliable, and Larry Seecamp will fix it, and any other seecamps forever.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

awesome gun but the NAA Guardian is comparable in quality, like half the cost (new MSRP) & easier to get.
    Seecamp will probably hold more of it's value if you want to take that into consideration... Are you the type who rotates the guns in his collection or the type who holds on to them forever?
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    awesome gun but the NAA Guardian is comparable in quality, like half the cost (new MSRP) & easier to get.
    Seecamp will probably hold more of it's value if you want to take that into consideration... Are you the type who rotates the guns in his collection or the type who holds on to them forever?
    Only issue with the guardian is the Seecamp is smaller.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Schuylkill County)

Never shot the .380 but i love my .32ACP Seecamps they are by far the best quality and most reliable of the micro pocket, pistols out there.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    Only issue with the guardian is the Seecamp is smaller.
    correct but not small enough IMO to merit the extra $300+ & 1 or 2 year wait for a new one.

I went with the Guardian & love it

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    correct but not small enough IMO to merit the extra $300+ & 1 or 2 year wait for a new one.

I went with the Guardian & love it
    I went Seecamp and never looked back.

That's a kel-tec on the left it's making look large, and a micro eagle (also smaller than the guardian)

(York County)

How do you like the grip? I don't think I'd want to go any smaller than my Guardian.

I do have a smaller gun but rarely carry it... Davis D-22... just for a fun curio gun.

(Monroe County)

takes a little getting used to, but i have had a Seecamp for years, you get used to it. My concern about the Guardian was weight. loaded its like 7 oz more than the Seecamp, and it weighed more than some 9m pocket guns. I picked up a Guardian at a show once. It did look and feel like a quality gun.
    Last edited by thelemite; November 13th, 2009 at 11:50 PM.

(York County)

The weight doesn't bother me at all coming from a P345 it feels like a feather to me LOL
    I looked at P3AT & LCP when I was exploring my options for a small carry gun, & they were way too light for my liking & I really wanted stainless anyway so realisticaly it was between the Seecamp & the Guardian from the start.
    The only Seecamp I could have had right away at the time was a used .32 for $100 more than the new Guardian in .380 so I went for the Guardian rather than spend more & wait for a new Seecamp in .380.
    Both are great guns & I don't think anyone would be going wrong choosing either.
    I do like that the Seecamp is such a small company. What are they up to now like 6 employees? It's like getting a gun custom made especially for you when you order one new.