Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default E-mail from GunsAmerica..

I just got this e-mail today from GunsAmerica....
    The subject line read: "Fair Warning! sell the guns you don't want NOW!"

Hi Everyone,
    Not really to not take the alarmist, scare tactic route but we feel compelled to email the hundreds of thousands of casual gun people who come here every month (in addition to the hundreds of thousands of gun nuts) that the election of Barack Obama is almost definitely going to bring changes to the gun laws in the form of new taxes and hoops for gun dealers to jump through, as well as permanent bans on individuals selling firearms themselves.

The days of being able to bring grandpa's old guns to a gun show and sell them off in an afternoon are probably going to be gone within a short amount of time after President Elect Obama gets into office.

Most likely the entire American tradition of the gunshow will disappear.

There is a lot of media attention today about people in a frenzy to BUY GUNS, because they are afraid that they won't be able to get them.

But for those of us with closets full of guns we don't and most likely will never shoot, guns that we've procrastinated selling, there is a genuine danger to our ability to be to SELL THOSE GUNS OURSELVES in the future.

So if you don't want to end up losing 30% of their value because you have to transfer the gun out through a gun dealer, get moving and sell them now.

The DEMAND FOR GUNS IS HUGE. We have record traffic on GunsAmerica, and the gunshows are a zoo.

Take the time and sell your guns now, at a gunshow, on GunsAmerica, or any other legal venue.

And remember, if you ship a gun to someone, it has to be sent to a transfer FFL dealer in their state. There is no legal way to ship a gun to an individual, unless they personally are a Curio & Relic FFL holder, which only applies to old and collectible guns that are specifically on the list at the ATF website.

Some states have restrictions on individuals shipping out guns themselves as well. Ask a dealer in your state. We do not give legal advice. It is your responsability to ship guns out legally.

Also consider buying ammunition for the guns you have. There will almost definitely be a new tax coming on ammo.

That's all for now. We felt compelled to send something letting those detached from the problem know what is almost definately coming.

-ga

GunsAmerica
    Where America Buys and Sells Guns.
    http://www.gunsamerica.com
    http://www.myspace.com/gunsamerica

This is an official GunsAmerica Email Notification.
    If you suspect phishing or fraud with any email related to GunsAmerica, please forward the email to CustomerService@GunsAmerica.com
    Last edited by RONNIE77; November 20th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: E-mail from GunsAmerica..

Ironic...the first sentence says "Not really to not take the alarmist, scare tactic route" but that's exactly what they are trying to do! LOL

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RONNIE77 View Post

1. But for those of us with closets full of guns we don't and most likely will never shoot, guns that we've procrastinated selling, there is a genuine danger to our ability to be to SELL THOSE GUNS OURSELVES in the future.

2. So if you don't want to end up losing 30% of their value because you have to transfer the gun out through a gun dealer, get moving and sell them now.

3. Take the time and sell your guns now, at a gunshow, on GunsAmerica, or any other legal venue.

4. That's all for now. We felt compelled to send something letting those detached from the problem know what is almost definately coming.
    Yep,
    I cut it down to my favorite quotes....
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown

Maybe what they are really saying is INTERNET sales will no longer be allowed and they want commissions on sales before that happens...

Just a thought.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(York County)

I never trust anything from GunsAmerica anymore. TRhey just seem to be employing really shady tactics like this to get our money. Personaly, I don't have any guns that I don't want. have guns that I could sell if some one was looking for one and the price was right, or I needed the doe for something else. But I have nothing in my cabinet that I just plain don't want.

Dave
    3%

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I never trust anything from GunsAmerica anymore. TRhey just seem to be employing really shady tactics like this to get our money. Personaly, I don't have any guns that I don't want. have guns that I could sell if some one was looking for one and the price was right, or I needed the doe for something else. But I have nothing in my cabinet that I just plain don't want.

Dave
    I bet if you were to respond to GunsAmerica's e-mail with what you just posted, they would reply "Are you sure? Maybe you should check again"....lol
    ZRT -SECTOR-7

For the love of god now these mutton heads are going to start! Just as bad as the ones I ranted about from the show last weekend.

Simply put their are trying to drum up business with fear and for that they have lost any chance of me doing business with them.

If they had sent that to me I would have fired right back ripping them a new one!

(Bucks County)

I think they are doing a public service, warning you BEFORE it happens.....wish my stockbroker had done that !!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I think they are doing a public service, warning you BEFORE it happens.....wish my stockbroker had done that !!
    Interesting point. Lets face it. If a gun dealer is the only place to sell you pistol in the future. It sure isn't going to be worth very much, cause they will be loaded with used guns, and only have to give you what they want to.

If you had any intention of selling, maybe it would be smart to do so now. While you can put it on a gun auction, or take it to the Gun shows and get what it is worth, instead of what the dealer wants to give you for it.

Never thought of it that way.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Interesting point. Lets face it. If a gun dealer is the only place to sell you pistol in the future. It sure isn't going to be worth very much, cause they will be loaded with used guns, and only have to give you what they want to.

If you had any intention of selling, maybe it would be smart to do so now. While you can put it on a gun auction, or take it to the Gun shows and get what it is worth, instead of what the dealer wants to give you for it.

Never thought of it that way.
    That seems a little complex to institute and simplified. To say that all sales may some day have to go through an FFL may be more accurate I think...how do you write a law that restricts having an intended buyer when you sell or transfer to an FFL? As long as an FFL can accept a sale, and transfer it to someone else, you will have FFLs brokering sales between individuals for a fee. All that would have to change is who's hands the money goes through.

That said, I was pissed when I got this stupid e-mail, they saw the run on guns recently and decided to cash in on the panic by inciting more panic for their own niche of business. Thats just what the media wants to see, people who benefit from the sales boom inciting more panic rather than the fact that Obama is going to ban things.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast