Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: How's Columbia?

(Lancaster County)

Default How's Columbia?

Is anyone a member of the Columbia shooting range or sportsman's club? I'm currently a member of Mt Joy Sportsmans club. I like their facilities and the price is right, but the Columbia club is much closer to my house.

(York County)

Default Re: How's Columbia?

I'm not a member but a friend of mine is. I heard that they have some rule about only being allowed to have 3 or 5 rounds in your gun at a time. If your looking to shooting long gun that probably isn't an issue but sucks for the pistols. Something to look into.

I'd like to know how the facilities are at both clubs...Mount Joy would be closer. Do they have indoor pistol and if so, are there any special requirements as far as ammo? Manheim requires lead only, no copper or jacketed ammo.

(York County)

Mount Joy is a very nice club. They have a 200 yard rifle range an indoor 22 range and you can pay extra for the indoor pisol range. The indoor pistol range is very nice but requires lead so I just stay outside. They also have archery and trap

(Lancaster County)

I belong to Mt. Sportsman's, and it's a nice club. As was stated earlier, the indoor ranges (there is small .22 only range inside, as well as a larger pistol range) are limited to lead rounds only.

The outdoor range goes out to 200 yards. I believe the outdoor range is CLOSED right now for improvements, and is supposed to re-open in August.

Does anyone locally have an indoor pistol range that does not require lead?

I called a new place down in Glen Rock, but that's a stinking hike and their rates are pretty high.

Not quite as far, but in the opposite direction, requiring use of the turnpike, is French Creek Outfitters...very nice place, lots of stuff to buy when you have the money, but it's $12/hour and it's indoor only.

Palmyra might be the club I join, but I'm already dreading driving 322 from Ephrata all the way to 117 to head north into Palmyra. Ugh....

I'm trying to get some info on the Cocalico club...